Baltimore interview success -- Metairie, Dec 13

metairie

Registered Users (C)
Today, Dec 13, 01, we went for interview. We were invited in time at 14:00 p.m. as scheduled. The officer B happened to be a nice highly professional white woman. Her name is Elizabeth. Signed papers that we are going to represent ourselves without lawyer and that we are aware of it. Regular questions for all: arrests, whether used fraudulent documents to enter, last time entered, who employer. My sponsor (pimp consulting body shop) changed name (I-140 and 485 have different names) so she asked about it NOT LOOKING into my files: aparently she studied our papers before interview and was well prepared. I gave her a letter from our corporate lawyer along with the article in the "Washington Post" that consulting company ABC changed name to XYZ with photo of smiling nice guy CEO. She took and barely read. Got our fingerprints. All documents she took: employment letter, W2s, few last pay stubs, tax return forms, EADs, APs, I-94a, letter reg. company name change. Basically, some documents I gave her myself: e.g. when she asked employment letter I gave her employment letter and pay stubs, when she asked W2s, I gave her W2s and tax return forms. She noticed the fact that I was well prepared and said "now it\'s clear for me why I do not need a lawyer". Then she said she needs to submit request to get visa number. We stood and was ready to wait for 40 min in waiting room but she smiled and said that today connection is fine and it takes only few minutes. Stamped our passports. Our two sons do not have passports but their pictures in my wife\'s passport and thus her passport is for three people (my wife and two kids -- it\'s permissible in the country OTHER where I am from) so she put three stamps in my wife\'s passport and one in mine. She said jokingly that I seem to be well informed but if I have questions I can ask her. I smiled and said that I do not have any and she walked us to the door. I thanked her for such nice gift for the Christmas. The whole thing took 35 min -- pretty straightforward process unless you are a Nazi party member, maniac, or drug dealer.

Good luck to everybody. Thank you all, guys, for mutual support, this forum and esp. Anastomosys for managing Baltimore Xfer list.

Metairie

What is employment letter about?

Congratulations! Thanks for the detail information. Could you tell me what the employment letter is about? Thanks

Employment letter

There is no standard form, but it must mention your position as in Labor Certification, date you hired and intent to keep you employed in future. That\'s it. Our HR manager (not our corporate lawyer) gave it to me.

VSC transfered three times cases to Baltimore en masse ...

to get some help from local offeces: end of April, mid May and beg of June.