Baltimore Interview Scheduling

Cicada

Registered Users (C)
I called Baltimore INS a week ago. A very nice gentleman told me they usually wait 10 weeks from the date of receipt of our cases to schedule an interview. They said cases transferred on 6/4 and received around 6/21 will receive interview letters by Sept. 15.
I found the number on INS website by accident, couldn\'t remember it now. Hope this is true about their scheduling.
Good luck to all Baltimore waiters.

Cicada

Hey Cicada

Also try to find out from INS that whats this NVC crap is man?When the peolpe are not opting for CP why the hell I140 approvals are being sent to NVC.
Man, look at they guy who just got simply hold up for no fault of his everything seems to be ok for him? But the INS screwed everything and now he has to wait for who knows how much

GOD BLESS 485 waiters

I love to buy into this but....

This is a great news that I hope is not a rumor. Not that I don\'t trust you Cincada? The problem is that I have been trying to talk to INS office at Bultimore for many months and everytime they said: "You have to write or be here in person for any updates." How this nice gentlemen has given you this information, I don\'t care! I just hope that it is true. Thanks for posting this message.

X1: try this number

Try the public affair office 410-962-4758. They could not give information on specific case, just the trend.

I tried the Number

and a polite gentleman told that I could expect the interview
notice in the next 2 weeks ( TD May 17 ).If I didn\'t , to go to
B INS for status.

lakmur

I wouldn\'t be too sure

I don\'t know who this nice gentlman is but I wouldn\'t trust him. We checked at baltimore INS this morning. Our TD is May 18th, entry into system is July 7. The lady said to count 90 days from July 7. She said we would recieve the interview letter prolly by end of Sept. Sept. interviews are complete, there are some dates left in October. Our status on the computer still said "To be scheduled"

Interview Timeline

Hello All Baltimore Interview Waiters : I totally agree with Ajam. I had the same experience 2 weeks ago when I visited BINS. The lady said that all pending May cases (TD 5/17, 5/18) will receive interview letters in Sep. to be eventually interviewd in Oct end/Nov. It is hard to beleive that they would jump to June cases before they finish scheduling interviews for all the pending May cases unless they rush through the whole thing. Lets hope for the best. Good Luck to everyone who is patiently waiting like me.

90 Days, 10 weeks, How long?

Most people write about how they visited Baltimore INS and were told various different times before they would get an interview request.
I didn\'t visit Baltimore yesterday, but had a dream about it! I went to the office prompt at 8:00pm and there were 6,000 people all in line before me. I waited for hours and hours and eventually got to talk to one of the officers there. The officer was called "Officer A-255345". He said that my name was in the computer. Actually he didn\'t \'say\' anything, he just reached into his pocket and pulled out a business card that read, "You are being processed". Like a bad sci-fi movie, gone wrong! I turned to run out of the door. I was almost out of there when I noticed the intern sitting in the corner. She was sat by the phone I couldn\'t hear her conversations exactly, but I could hear the occasional "Wait 90 days", sometimes even a "Sorry you\'re not in the system, yet". I went to her. "Dear lady, all I want to know is how long it takes to get an interview. You seem to know. What\'s the secret? Please dear lady let me know!". She looked at me and smiled. "You want to know the real secret?" she asked. "Yes" I replied, "Please let me know". Then she began. "It\'s easy to work out. If you haven\'t received your interview notice within 90 days of your transfer simply hold your breath and count to......"
Then the alarm clock went off. Sorry.

Baltimore INS Phone #

Does anybody know the phone number for Baltimore INS to check status on I485, case transfer from VSC. Thanks and appreciated

Baltimore INS Phone No.

Does anybody know the phone number for Baltimore INS to check status on I485, case transfer from VSC. Thanks and appreciated

No Title

INS411:

Could you please post your details as to when you were transferred and your PD and I-485 ND.

Best way to get information is to go to the INS office in downtown Baltimore and take your transfer notice and I-485 receipt notice.

Anyone in my situation, please help !!! arajasthan

my interview in baltimore is scheduled for october 17th, ...almost just 1 month away. but this friday i lost my job.....since in the interview they ask for recent paystubs/employers financial statements etc how will i be able to manage that. Can i join another job just using my EAD ????? all this wait then this ultimate frustration !!! don\'t know if there is anything i can do.

HI

Hi, arajasthan. Do they give you a severance pay check? If it\'s sometime in Sept., maybe you still could get by. How about your vacation days? Could they give you a statement cashing all these days? Try your luck. If you start using EAD card for another company and show your new paystub, your new company will have to be your GC sponsor. Consult your lawyer.

Cicada

180 Day Rule

Does the 180 day rule apply in your case. If your 485 has been pending for more than 6 months and you have an EAD, according to the new law you can take up similar job (siimilar title/job function) and produce an employment lettr from your new employer at the time of interviwe. Inanycase, consult a good lawyer and he should be able to easily help u out. Having come this far and a month away from GC approval, I am sure a good lawyer can find some way out. Good Luck. iled

Do not worry...

arajasthan, it is totally acceptable to find another job with another company as long as the new job is similiar. Also, if you are on H1 you have 60 days to find another job and since you are only 30 days away, I suppose you should be fine. Good luck