Baltimore interview proved and got plastic card

gourmet

My interview was scheduled on Jan 15th at Baltimore office. I was called in a hour late, the officer is a nice woman. Questions were very simple and straightforward. Before I came in, I was a little bit concerned because my company was bought out before I filed my 485 ( 01/2001), new company filed amended I140 and it was approved in Aug,2001. But the amended I140 was sent to NVC by mistake( my original one was not) .I had my most recently dated employment letter (new company), the last 3 pay checks. The officer barely looked at them and directly approved my and my wife\'s case. The only odds was that she asked for my new photo because on my old one , my right ear was covered by hair. Thanks god, I took another one the day before and she accepted it.

Wait another hour for our visa number and got our passport stamped. We were told to expect our plastic cards in 7-8 mon. Guess what, we received our cards on 02/01/02, just two weeks after the interview. I will never compain INS again due to this high efficiency.

My information, EB2, PD: 08/99, RD:01/08/01, TD: 06/04/01, PD:01/15/02, card received: 02/01/02

This site is really helpful and I have been a visitor for quite a long time without contributing anything to it ( really nothing to contribute). Hope my information will do a little bit help

gourmet

Do you remember the name of the officer?

Could you please let me know the name of the interview officer?
Also, what documents did u take with U?

Thanks,

Can not remember

Can not remember her name, but I believe most of the officer are very nice. During a couple of hours when I was waiting for interview, officers came out and called the names, they have smile on their faces ,nice and polite, so don\'t worry about which officer you are facing. The doc I brought with me includes employment letter, pay checks, my W-2 and 2000 federal return. i-94, H-1, EAD, SSN card. Try to bring with you as many docs as you can, but the officer will only look at a few of them

Congrats !!

You will get your card with in a month. They have been processing the Green Cards very fast nowadays. Good Luck and best wishes.