Baltimore: interview passed, no stamping yet

nuikak

Registered Users (C)
Today I had the interview in Baltimore INS.
My RD 1/01, TD 6/4/01, ID 11/06/01, Off A (case recvd 6/21/01,box#151). Country is OTHER. The interview was successful, but they don\'t have my I-140 and LC in their file. Officer name was Angela Craft. They\'ve sent requests for I-140 to both VSC and NVC. NVC replied they don\'t have my docs. VSC didn\'t reply yet. They can send upto three requests with one month interval beetween them. The I-797 from I-140 doesn\'t have the note that the file was sent to consulate. IMHO it means the packet with I-140 and LC should stay in VSC. Seems VSC just didn\'t transfer all the docs to Baltimore on June. And this situation is quite frequent - my lawyer had the same situation earlier this day, and the officer had the same experience the same day.
As for the interview itself it was quite easy, all questions were simple and obvious, just the same as other people had. Officer asked to give her the current letter from emplyer, copy of the W-2 for 2000, copy of my 1040 (federal tax return), copy of my paystabs for last 3 month. She didn\'t ask to show her the originals of any birth or marriage certificates (she had the copies of them in the I-485 file). The questions were simple:
* postal address
* date of birth
* SSN
* city and country of birth
* the date and place of the last entry to U.S.
* employer, the position, the duties
* have I been arrested or deported
The questions to my wife and son were even more simple. Officer
asked each of us to verify the spelling of parents first names, put a
signature and make a fingerprint. That\'s it. All interview took about 30-35 minutes. So now I have to wait again, one to three month. But the goal is almost reached. :) Good luck to all!

No Title

Hi, can u tell us who told you that they have to try trice in three months and they would approve after that even if they don\'t get the papers, there are a lot of people on this
board, including me, who had their interviews and are waiting for the I-140 to be sent to B-INS. There is one person on this board who has been waiting since july 17, my interview
date was Aug 29th. any info you can pass is very valuable.

No Title

It was the immigration officer at BINS who told me about this rule
of three requests. And it was she who explained me about one month wait after each request, so the max wait time shouldn\'t be longer than 3 month. Did you try to request the status of your I-140 in VSC? I didn\'t try it yet, but want to do.

NuiKak And Anastomosis

Nuikak
Congrats first though i wish you would have stamped right there but you will get stamped soon. Did INS tell you that your 140 has been sent to NVC and in turn NVC forwareded it to consulate?
2) Did you opt for CP and then changed your mind and filed I485 at any point in time.(Cause my attorney told that it happens only with those applicants who change their mind from CP to 485, I think my attorney is not sure).

Anastomosis:
Whats the difference between i140 related issues os urself and Nuikak.
(since I know ur case it would be good if you describe in what way urs is different than nuikaks case)
Thanks

No Title

Hi nuikak, I had not opted for CP, I did not have the faintest clue that my I-140 would be
sent to chennai, so at the interview I told the officer that my I-140 could be
at Chennai, but when I contacted chennai after the interview , they told me that
the I-140 has been transfered to VSC, now I\'am trying to ask B-ins to request
the paper from VSC. On nov 29th it will be 3 months after my interview.
hope I get it by then.

To Be

Can you please write what was written on ur I140, Did it mention anywhere on ur 140 approval that I140 has been sent to NVC.
Please tell me.
Thanks

No Title

My I-140 says that it has been sent to National visa center, even though I did not opt for CO

No Title

Philanthropist:
I am not fully clear about nuikak\'s I-140. If it was approved for CP it may be in his home country consulate. If it was approved for AOS (then it is different from mine) and then VSC may not have transfered the whole file.

In the I-140 approval notice it clearly says whether or os sent to NVC or for AOS.

By the way what is the situation with your case?

No Title

My I-797 (approval of I-140) didn\'t have any notices about further sending to NVC. It just had the info that if I prefer AOS I should go to local INS office to get the I-485 form and file it. And if I want to go with CP I should file the form OF-230(?). Initially I thought about CP but changed up my mind just after approval of I-140, so my lawyer notified INS that I selected AOS. But again, there is no mention in I-140 approval that the file will be sent to NVC.

THANKS NUIKAK AND ANASTOMOSIS

Nuikak
My 140 approval aslo say the same language. Does one has to specify that what course one want to take(means AOS or CP) while filing 140?
This notion stems from Nuikak statement that he changed his mind after approval of 140.

Anastomosis:
Whatever I am posting is for premptive action or thoughts and since past so many days many people appearing at BINS has been not granted approval right away on some reason or other (mostly its 140 thing).
therefore, i cant do much about it as others but still we can talk right?
Thanks
for your replies.

Question for Nuikak

I am a little confused. Why did your lawyer have to notify INS that you are opting for AOS when your I-140 approval already said that you will be filing AOS in the US. I have a feeling that he notified INS thay you are interested in CP sometime after filing I-140 and before receiving approval. Otherwise there is no need to notify INS if your I-140 approval says you are filing for AOS and not CP.

Baltimore, still waiting

So after the three months waiting after successful interview in Baltimore (they didn\'t find my I-140 and LC in file) I\'ve called VSC.
The details are here
The IIO told me there were three attempts to request the documents from Baltimore and the last one was on Feb 19 2002 (i.e two days ago).
The docs were still in VSC. After some time of checking the IIO told
me the docs were on the route to NVC (!?!) and she will try to re-route them to Baltimore. And it will take two to three weeks.
I\'m highly disappointed. IIO failed to explain me why the docs weren\'t
send to Baltimore after there requests. Sad.
My EAD is going to expire in two weeks. What should I do now? Send
the I-765 for EAD renewal?

you better renew your EAD

Same situation happened to me. I attended the Bal interview on OCT 23rd. And my 140 was transfered from Chennai to VSC on Aug 17th . But they didn\'t have the I140 until November 28th in their system. I had to call everyweek to IIO to send that to BAL. I was waited,waited,watited!!!!. But the transfer didn\'t happen. My EAD expiration was on Jan 4th. And I had to renew my EAD. So I did it on DEC 20th. Luckily I got my EAD card on Jan 20th and Validity from Jan 5th. So you better renew your EAD. And Atlast my I140 was transfered to Baltimore on Jan 26th. And I got my Approval last week. Please go ahead fill your 765 and send it immly to VSC.You need photo and the copy of the EAD.
Good luck.

RENEW YOUR EAD ASAP

Hi Nuikak:

It takes a long time for I-140 Xfer and one person got it 7 months after interview. I am also waiting >4 months with my I-140 still not yet reached B-INS.

Baltimore interview

Today i attended interview in baltimore. My case was assigned to officer A . He asked me few qustions about my jobs and took my 3 recent paystubs ( original ) and birth certificate ( original ). He has requested for another set of photo\'s, but i don\'t have with me at that time, so i has given me another form to send the photos back to baltimore office. The biggest problem here is as follows.
After every thing is over he said my I-140 is missing in my file. I showed him the copy of I-140 approval form. But he wants I-140 from central office, he said he will send a request notice to central office, As soon they receive it, he said they will send a approval notice. I asked about the time frame? There is no specific reply apart from saying it will be soon. The real problem lies here , After the interview i started reading 140 approval notice, it is form I-797, it says it has been sent to NVC NH. "NVC processes all approved visa petetions that need consular action and so on". But i didnot opted for CP i opted for 485. Even my lawer Rajiv khanna\'s office did not notice it i guess. It looks like my 140 has been with NVC or they might have sent to Chennai Consulate . It\'s been a long time since i got my I-140 approval ( July 29 100 ).My question is what should i do now ? Should i call NVC and ask them to send my 140 to Baltimore INS with Alien no. on it Or do i have to call Vermont ? I don\'t know. Any suggestions are welcome, Since i found this site helpful.
Thanks in advance.

VSV4 ! call nvc and get the case number

first call NVC and give your I140 receipt and they will give you the case number. They might give you some info like whether it is chennai or not. If it is chennai send a email to chennai. They might give you answer whether they sent it already or they didn\'t get request from INS. If they sent it already you will be lucky. Then you need to follow up from vermont. Call vermont and give your 140 receipt and ask them to locate it. (call them everyweek )In my case it took atleast more than 3 months to get the 140 to baltimore. hope you will get it soon.

I-140 issue

I am in the same "I-140 missing" situation after interviewing in Baltimore. I had called NVC and they said they really cannot request the I-140 from Chennai, and that it is Baltimore\'s responsibility. Since there is no way of actually speaking to anyone in Baltimore, ( you can go in personally, but the person at the info counter really can\'t do much for you) I think the cases are approved based on your karma :)