Baltimore interview notice rec\'d

Lorraine Yeung

Registered Users (C)
Hi, my husband and I just rec\'d our interview notices for July 13 at 2:45 and 3:15. It asks only that we bring the notice and our drivers licences. It also has a standard form that asks for basically everything that was already submitted with the application. Is it usual for husband and wife to have different times assigned? Will we likely be seen together anyway?

Details EB-1 other
Nov. 98 VSC
Transferred to Baltimore on May 16, 2000
Interview July 13, 2000

Will let you all know how the interview goes.

No Title

Hi Lorraine,

Congratulations and Best of Luck. Please let us know of your interview experience.

"a.k.a. ....Best Wishes...."

No Title

My case was transferred to Baltimore on June 13, 2000. ( PD 11/97, RD 8/4/99, ND 8/20/99, FP 6/17/00). However, my husband\'s
message doesn\'t change. He is the primary applicant. Is it possible they transfer one case and keep the other one? How long does it normaly take Baltimore office to schedule an interview?

No Title

Baltimore transfer. My case was transferred to Baltimore on June 13, 2000. However, my husband\'s message hasn\'t been changed, neither has he received the transfer notice. Is it possible they tranfer one case and keep the other? How long should I wait for Baltimore to shedule the interview? Please response! --- Another Baltimore waiter.

No Title

Hi Jing,

If one of you is the primary applicant and the other being the dependent, then both the applications should get transferred to Baltimore. Check with VSC if that\'s not the case.

If each of you have filed/applied separately then the chances of transfer is as good as anybody\'s guess. I was told that all cases which comes under Baltimore jurisdiction are being transferred to distribute the work load.

Applicants whose case got transferred on the thrird week of May are getting interview notices. These interviews are slated some time in August. My best guess is that you might have to wait till the year end for approval.

"a.k.a ....Another Baltimore Applicant...."

No Title

Thanks Beemboy. My husband is the primary applicant. I guess we need to check with SC to see what is going on.
Our details are: ID 11/97, ID 08/04/99, ND 08/20/99, FL 06/17/00. My transfer date is June 13, 2000.
My questions are:
(1) What should we do when I receive my interview notice and my husband\'s case is still in Vermont?
(2) Do they approve the application on the same day after the interview or there will be another wait for passport stamping?
(3) Can I take an oversea short-term assignment from my company during my waiting for the interview notice?

Thanks in advance.

No Title

Thanks Beemboy. My husband is the primary applicant. I guess we need to check with VSC to see what is going on.
Our details are: PD 11/97, RD 08/04/99, ND 08/20/99, FP 06/17/00. My transfer date is June 13, 2000.
My questions are:
(1) What should we do when I receive my interview notice and my husband\'s case is still in Vermont?
(2) Do they approve the application on the same day after the interview or there will be another wait for passport stamping?
(3) Can I take an oversea short-term assignment from my company during my waiting for the interview notice?

Thanks in advance.

No Title

Hi Jing,

PLEASE DO check with VSC regarding your non-transfer case. Your case should also get transferred to Baltimore. I am not aware of a situation where only one application, either dependent or primary, being transferred to the INS district office.

Answer to #1: You still have lot of time before the interview. Check with VSC on your case transfer. I guess if you call VSC regarding your situation they might transfer your application immediately and update the automated messaging system.

Answer to #2: No. Everything is done on the same day.

Answer to #3: Yes, if you have a valid H1 with entry visa. Yes, if you have an EAD and AP.

"a.k.a. ...Another Baltimore Transfer..."