Baltimore interview - no stamping, waiting for further notice

logik

Registered Users (C)
:(

Interviewed at Baltimore office two days ago.

The interview officer just went through I-485 and asked me a few simple questions and the envidence of employment, then took all of the original I-94, asked me to take fingerprint and sign on I-551.

After those, the office said that's all for today. Didn't ask me any other docs - W-2, tax return, EDA, birth certificate, employer's finanacial report .....

Interview only took ten minutes.

Very strange, asked :confused: , the officer said, this is a standard pilocy at this moment, something must be verified. Notice will be sent soon.

No word for approval. Get nothing after interview.

:confused: :confused:

Any clue? Is it a sign of intending to deny?

You are done!!! - Congratulations. You will get your card by mail.
They just need your thump finger print, which they have taken.

Probably they didn't see anything unusal in your 485 and that's why they don't want to waste the time.

Congratulation.... Go and celebrate!!

That's why I am worrying about it. Seems everyone got PP stamped after successful interview.

Stamping in your passport is temporary GC (valid for one yr or less than a yr based on your validity of passport) which is a not a mandatory thing to be done. Some case if the validity of your passport is lessthan 3 months or so they won't stamp but you will get your card. In anyway if they didn't stamp on your passport they should not collect back your Ap and EAD, and still you will get your card.

Bottom line is stamping on pp is temp GC and you can use that for travel/work until you get your card. In case you don't have stamp but taken finger print you must use AP(travel) and EAD for work. That's bottom line.

Logik,

What is the validity of your passport? Was it expired? Was it valid for the next 6 months?

Also, what was your transfer date?

Thanks.

yeah...

But, the very purpose of having a stamp is that you can use it as good as a card till you get your card...right??
What if someone continues to work on H1 during I-485, with no AP/EAD applied..wouldn't stamp be the "best thing" for time being to travel etc...

TD: 08/05/02

PP: just renewed one year ago, 4 years left from expiration

Nothing wrong with my status, has stable job, has been working for about three year at same position, same company. Employer is public, finance is great....

Very simple case.

Did he mention anything like "immigrant number is not available currently...hence, will send you the notice"...I know one of my friends went through this...but got the notice within few days...

The purpose of stamp is to use as a card till you get your card- which is right. Even when you travel with your stamped passport you still need to go for a separate check at the port of the entry similar to the one you go thru when you travel on AP. I have travelled both with AP and a stamped passport(without AP) and the procedure was the same except the standing queue was different.

My passport was expiring in 4 months time when I went for stamping and INS officer told me that you don't have to have a stamp on your passport and you should get your card in 3-6
months time. Incase if you didn't get the card by that time you can comeback with your new passport and get it stamped, but I requested I need to have the stamp as I was going out of the country on the same day for an emergency and got it stamped. At the time I asked in detail about the procedures of the stamping and finger printing. I was told the officer that you don't have
to have stamping on your PP to get your card. What we need to process your card is your 485 approvel, two photos, and thump finger print. If your case is approved they will look the details and just take the photo and finger print. Other documents(such as I-94, EAD , AP previous H1-B all are optionals to submit). They can track your details based on 485 approval.

Now incase you don't have AP and EAD, I think they must stamp on your pp but if you have this documents they may not stamp(based on case by case). However you have all the rights to ask and get cleared why they are not stamping on your pp and they should explain to you. As far as you are working on H1-B (assume you don't have EAD) and once you are approved 485 (eventhough you have time in your h1) you are out of H1-B visa status.

Based on the information provided early
>>>
The interview officer just went through I-485 and asked me a few simple questions and the envidence of employment, then took all of the original I-94, asked me to take fingerprint and sign on I-551.
<<<

Unless they want to order the card, they should not take your I-94 and fingerprint and also they should not ask you to sign on I-551.

According to me this case has been approved and he/she should get card in 2-3 months time. If it is not approved why should they ask you to sign on I-551? and also should not take your fingerprint.

Fingerprint(thump) is only required when they want to order the card.

I have everything - AP, EAD, valid H1-B. The only thing I don't have is the approval word from the officer.

But thanks, Mallu123.

Logik,

I'm sorry if I'm missing something. But did you ask the officer at the end of the interview whether you WERE approved or not? I think it is not inappropriate to inquire about the approval status.

Have you considered talking to the information officer at Baltimore about this?

I hope you will receive aproval letter in mail soon

I hope you will receive aproval letter in mail soon

Hi, Logik,

I am a sliece viewer of this forum and I have the same situatation as yours. I was interviewed one day later than yours. Everything went smoothly during the interview, but at the end the officer told us we would have to wait for a notice after this interview. We were surprised by this outcome beacause I believe my case is very straight and simple. I have been with my company for many years and the job is stable and the company is well established. Of course, we have been worried about our case after the interview.

Guess what, we got an approval notice today from the mail (two days later). In fact, the approval notice was issued on the interview date. I have no idea why I could not get stamped on the interview day and have to suffer for this for two more days. The only thing I can think of is that the interview officer apparently was not in a good mood when she was interviewing us. She was with cold face during the process. When we greeted her she did not bother to respond to the greetings.

So that was my story. I hope you have already got your approval notice by now. Otherwise I hope this info is usefull for you.

Cheers and good luck.

glen20

Hi

Just Now I have seen you message, I have similar situation. I had Interview on 17th , she took my original I 94, she took my and my wife finger prints and signs. but she didn't ask me photos. finally she asked me to send the employer income tax documents. But well not give income taxes, it is a 800 employees company, instad of that company provided bank statements and supporting letter. Along with these documents I have took some information from the company web site. I have posted these documents on friday. are they going to approve my case? let me know in reply

Thanks

Hi, guys:-

If you didn't get stamping after interview, don't worry about it. You will get approval notice soon.

I have the same situation as logik, glen20 and ananda1, but after suffering two more day waiting, I got approval notice on Sep. 21.

Yahoooooooooooooooooo!!! Life is so beautiful!!!

EDSR:

If you don't mind what was yoru transfer date - for the sake of those of us who are still waiting for ID ;)

Congrats on your approval!