Baltimore Interview disappointment

to be

Registered Users (C)
Hi Guys,
I had an interview today.
My case is on hold because NVC has sent my I-140 to my home country even thought I did not request CP. The interview was o.k the officer looked at
all our documents and went through the 485 application but then she said
that since she does not have my i-140 she will request it from my home country and let us know after that.
I hope I don\'t have to wait long. It is very disappointing.
best of luck for the other Baltimore transferees.

No Title

That\'s pretty sad.. after a person does every thing right they still have to suffer thanks to the INS.

No Title

My question is: why doesn\'t INS prepare for the interview? Our cases have been sitting at the Baltimore office for months now, why didn\'t they look at your file before the interview to see if there\'s anything they need to get? My I-140 was also mistakenly approved for CP, will I have to wait until October (almost six months after the transfer to Baltimore and 13 months after filing I-485) to hear at the interview that I still have to wait further (probably for months) because they need to get my I-140 from my country???

No Title

to be:

hang in there. It is just a waiting game naw and the worst part is over although this waiting gets to you.
Did they give you a time line and how they will communicte to you?

No Title

They said they would wait for 90 days and they would send me a letter regarding my case.

No Title

I remember seeing some posts here, they have some time frame to receive your files from NVC/Consulate/INS service center after that they will approve the case w/out requested docs incase of everything else is fine with your case. I hope you will be notified the decision soon(

WHAT DID UR 1-140 approval notice say?

If it said it has been sent to NVC then it means that there is possibiloity of sending 140 docs to indian consulate even if you opted for 485.
But if there is no mention of NVC on i140 approval notice, then there is no problem.
Please go thru ur approval notice and put it on this thread what it reads?
Thanks

No Title

My I-140 approval says that my document has been sent to NVC and NVC would forward my application to the respective consulate, even though I did not opt for CP.

Hi Guys,
I had an interview yestoday(Aug. 29, 2001).
My case is on hold because the officer said my birth certificate is not officially formatted. The one I submitted was written by my father and sealed by local government. Are there anyone knows how can I get an acceptable birth certificate from China government?
The other parts of the interview went well and the officer went through all my documents and asked the copies of my W-2, 1040 and my last three month\'s pay stubs. She told me that she will send me approve letter the same day as she receives my acceptable birth certificate. I\'ll let you know after I receive the letter.
best of luck for the other Baltimore transferees.

What about other interview at BAL yesterday...

Hi,

I think Himalko and NickI485 were also interviewed at Baltimore yesterday. Do anyone have any update on their status ??

It\'s easy.

lwei_chen,
Sorry to hear about the disappointing news. You should ask your parents back in China to take your HUKOU(household registration record) and go to a municipal notary agency. Just pay 200 Yuan. They will type out a notorized birth certificate with your parents\' name, your birth place, birth date. Then ask your parents to express mail it to you. Everybody uses this document in place of a birth certificate.

Hope this helps.

Hey TOBE

Does your I140 say like this" it has been approved and would be sent to NVC if applicant wants to opt for applyinf it outside the country"

TOBE and others
I think by saying all this NVC crap INS is buying some time for the people whom they think there might be some suspicion(REMMEBR NANDIT BARUA)???????????//

oh no mine went to NVC as well!

Hi,
my question is where is the I140 supposed to be sent so that it does not go for CP?? Mine also says something about NVC. Does this mean that it will go for CP?? What is the I140 supposed to say indicating it was not sent for CP??

thanks