Baltimore Interview 10/23

Object Guy

Registered Users (C)
Sorry guys for not updating sooner.

May be because of the big disappointment!!! Yep, they didn\'t approve right away.

No stamping yet, but everything else was OK. The reason behind is the I-140 was approved for CP and they didn\'t have the Original.

It will take atleast a month to get that (yeah! right I believed them!!!)

So BACK to WAITING for the G.C. Shoot me with questions!

??

So THEY were suppose to have the originals and they didn\'t so they\'re going to make you wait around for a month now? Did they say why they didn\'t have the original.. So they are suppose to have the originals to all the papers?

I-140

Hi Ajam,
What do you mean by I-140 was approved for CP? I looked at my I-140 approval, there is no such thing as whether it was approved for CP or I-485. What if I take my original I-140 with me....in that case will they stamp my passport even if it was approved for CP? I remember telling my lawyer that I would do CP duing my I-140 petition, but my I-140 got approved in less than 40 days and I decided to do I-485. What do you think will happen to my case? My interview date is next month. Please respond!

Mine also approved for CP

Hi,

I also have interview next month and my I-140 was approved for CP. I confirmed that my paperwork has gone to Bombay. I reminded Baltimore to retrieve my paperwork.
However we can never be sure if they have done so.
I pray to GOD that I get my approval the day of interview...

CP

KV29,
what number did you call in Baltimore to remind them to gt your paperwork before the interview? And, how did you find out that your paperwork was sent to Bombay? I would really appreciate your response. Thanks in advance!

No Title

Hi Rathor,

I sent an Email to Mumbai consulate with details like my I-140 EAC no and so on and they confirmed that my papers are with them. Then my lawyer went to BAL office personally and make a written request to get the papers back from Bombay...

I do hope that they have retrieved it before my interview.

BTW when exactly is your interview ??

No Title

Objectguy: Well I guess you have passed the interview. Maybe you may want to e-mail the Mumbai consualate to have your 1-140 sent to Baltimore INS. Hang in there it will happen soon

I-140

Rathor,

Your I-140 approval notice should mention whether the application was approved for CP in India or AOS in US. The original I-140 is filed with the adjustment application but your lawyer should have a copy of it. Check with him and see what it reads. If its CP, you may still have enough time to request the papers back from India. Maybe you can send a letter of authority to your parents and they can personally collect the file and fedex it back to your lawyer or to the Baltmore office. Good Luck

Thanks!

Thanks for the hope. I will try to contact NVC and chennai consulate and let u know!

Feels like waiting forever!!