Baltimore interiew experience

nsk

Registered Users (C)
We had our interview at Baltimore yesterday. The officer told us that my labor certification approval papers were sent to national visa center by mistake and they could have been forwarded to a consulate in India because I am from India. He didn\'t seem to have a clue about where they could have gone and so I told him to try Chennai. He is going to send a wire to Chennai asking them to send the papers back and he said he is going to wait for 30 days for them to respond. If they don\'t, he is going to send me the approval letter anyway. Other than this rest of the interview was routine. He checked the passports and my status since the first time I came to the US etc. He also collected the old AD cards, tax returns for 1999 and 2000, employment verification letter and pay stubs.
What I don\'t understand is how the labor certification papers could be forwarded to a consulate when I did not opt for consulate processing and why they don\'t check the files before hand to see if they have all the papers instead of waiting till the last minute and wasting our time. Knowing how INS works and my past experience with it, I decided not to ask the officer any questions to save my time and energy. My lawyer told me that this happens quite frequently and that we should be happy that they have come up with a regulation to wait for 30 days instead of waiting till they get those papers back.
I guess he is right and for me it\'s just more waiting....

No Title

Hi,

Can you please post your RD/ND and transfer date of your case to Baltimore.

Thanks

No Title

Congratulations...You will hear a good news soon!

Could you post your complete details. thanks.

No Title

nsk,

On what basis do they check for your status .. seems like you\'ll be getting your approval within few weeks ..

Thanks,

No Title

I had my interview on 4/19/01. I am yet to hear from them. On my I-140 approval last year, I so the message saying something like\'"your has has been approved and sent to NVC for action." I had no clue what that meant, just went ahead and filed the I-485 at Vermont.

In my interview in Baltimore the officer, who is pretty new on the job, told me that she did not know much about my field. So she needed to talk to someone who had knowlegde in my field and it might take another 30 to 60 days. When I expressed my surprise about the time she said, "I am not saying that it would take that long." It has been more then two months now but no news.

Did you guy\'s I-140 approval notice say somthing similar? I would apprecate your response.

No Title

Whats NVC stands dor and did you try to call or went to Baltimor to find about ur case?/

No Title

what was the time frame between the date when VSC made a decision to transfer your case to local INS office and the date when you got an interview date assigned by local office

thank you in advance

PS: my case was transferred to Pittsburgh on June 21, got info from AVM - so I trying to get at least some idea how soon I will (will I ???) hear this date for my interview

No Title

Nandit:

Contact your congressman! I have tried twice in different situations and both time it has worked.

No Title

You are right. I never really carefully looked at my I-140 approval but it say it has been sent to "Department of State National Visa Center (NVC)... It all makes sense now. I wonder how my lawyer missed this too.
Well, I wish I saw this before. I guess there is nothing I could do now. I will wait for the 30 days and start banging on some doors again.

Thanks,
nsk

No Title

hanumanji ,

Does your I-140 approval also says , IT has been forwarded to NVC.

Can u please tell us the details.

Thanks

No Title

Nandit Barua ,

Did they also tell u, they need to get some papers from abroad.
Can u please clarify this info.

No Title

Guys I am so scared now. At the end of 6 weeks I went to our Crogessman\'s office and explained the situation. They called them and withing one day the Congressman\'s office sent me a letter saying that it would take another 30 days and they could not do anything aobut it. Seems like all of these .....holes are the same.

Did anybody else\'s I-140 approval notice say the same thing?

No Title

It\'s me again!! Mine was transferred on 2/13 and interview was on 4/19. The young office never told me that my papers went abroad.

No Title

Nandit Barua,

May I ask who is the Officer that interviewed you?
I have an interview with Officer C...

Just a thought. \'Hope you\'ll get your approval
really, really soon. Goodluck to us all!

GMC