Baltimore DO: Any interview notices for 2007 filers?

4everoptimist

Registered Users (C)
Hello fellow green card seekers!

Thanks to all of you for posting your experiences. It has been so helpful.

I wanted to ask you all if anyone who filed in 2007 and has Baltimore DO received an interview notice. It seems that this DO is particularly slow with processing date of JUly 2006 :confused: which is so disheartening since so many DOs work MUCH faster.

I would appreciate you sharing what your experiences have been and if the processing date is a valid indication.

thank you everyone and God Bless!

Scanned it multiple times for "Baltimore", "MD", "Maryland" - nothing significant comes up with recent dates.

The search does not search in peoples' signatures unfortunately.

Baltimore - my experience

I am sorry if my one-liner just went through. I don't know what happened. If it didn't go through, I was saying thanks for all who are contributing. I learned a lot during my process. I thought of posting my experience but I felt I didn't have anything not mentioned in the forum. Now since someone seems to be interested in Baltimore, here I am.

I am (should say was) someone with F1(opt) and recently married to US citizen. I sent I-485 and I-130 and their "entourage" on December 27, 2006. Then I waited for almost two weeks before I got the first notice with ND January 8th. It was just acknowleding that they have accepted it and other actions will follow. Then in the next few days I got finger printing notice for Jan 24. I did that and waited for the longest five or six weeks in my whole life. By Mid march I got my work permit. But at the same time I got a notice to appear for "Initial interview" on April 24th. First I was not sure what the "initial" interview means but from this board I understood it just means an interview and prepared as such. we (my lovely wife and I) actually prepared as if we were preparing for the second interview so that we don't mess anything. We got our relevant pictures together (we had to leave some pictures out ;) ), our apt lease, insurance, the new tax return we filed together, our bank account and ofcourse all copies of documents we submitted.

The interview - well we arrived 30 minutes before our time, gave our notice to the lady at the desk and waited for about 30 minutes. Then we were called by serious but friendly woman. She took us to her office and swore us in. she asked me my name and birth day and she asked ME my wife's full name and birth day. She asked me about my level of education and what I am doing. After this in a conversation mode and she just relaxed asked (without pointing to any of us), tell me how you met and decide to get married. My wife and both started to talk and she laughed said you guys like to talk about that huh? anyways my wife told her the story which she listened as if she was her friend not an interviewer. At that time it looked everything was fine. She asked us to show her pictures, we gave her. And then she asked for common asset, we gave her all the other documents. Then she aske me all the yes and No questions. After that when I was thinking i will get stamp she said "ok I will review the documents again and will inform you my decision in one or two weeks. you will get someting by mail". She took the copy of our licenses and we left. I felt there was nothing wrong so I was happy even though I didn't get a stamp.

In a week I got the second most anticpated email in my whole life. I am now a registered alien :). The next week my physical card arrived. I noticed the approval date was the interview date. I wondered why she didn't tell us right there or even why it took for an email. I am not complaining just wondering. It totally took 4 and half months. I didn't have any RFE and I didn't use any lawyer. All help I got was from this forum by reading silently. THANK YOU ALL.

Thanks for posting your experience and Congratulations!

I guess this means the processing date of July 2006 is not necessarily and indication.

Baltimore DO

I don't know if I will be of any help with wait times at Baltimore. Here are the details:

My case was transferred from VSC to Baltimore in Dec 2004. My timeline below:

Nov 2004- I-485, 130 mailed
June 2005 - FP Notification
Aug 2005- Interview - 130 approved ..pending Name Check
July 2007 - 2nd FP Notification

Still Waiting!!!

Hmm...is baltimore really THAT slow? :( Well, since I filed during the rush then I guess it might be worse for me.

Thanks for the info guys. I'm still hoping that more people from Baltimore DO will come forward and share their experience.

it's been 2 months since i had my interview.....still nothing:( , All the lady told me was goodluck and we'll hear from them. do they want me to die b4 we hear frm them?.....Jeeeeeezzzzz

it's been 2 months since i had my interview.....still nothing:( , All the lady told me was goodluck and we'll hear from them. do they want me to die b4 we hear frm them?.....Jeeeeeezzzzz

schedule an infopass and inquire about the status of ur application