emmy tin

PD 1998
RD 10/2000
FingerPrint 1/4/2001
Transfer to Baltimore 6/16/2001
Interview 7/17/2001
Approval letter from Baltimore 02/25/2002
EB3
Finally its my turn. I have waited as a nervous reck since I did my interview. At that time the officer said she could not make a decision on my case since my petition had been sent to my home country (I140). I have been going to Baltimore every 2weeks to check the status. Believe me everytime I went there, I was given different information. On two occassions I was told my I140 has been sent from my country to the INS. 10days later another officer told me that it has not come.
Anyway to make a long story short, on 02/14/2002 I went to Baltimore and I was given a green form to fill. I was told to go home and wait for 90days.
I followed by calling INS 1-800-375-5283 and talked to a nice gentleman who also helped me to fill another form, which he informed me will be forwarded to Baltimore office requesting why my case has taken that long.
On 02/16/2002 I wrote to the senator, but I did not get a reply. Maybe its too soon.
Thus I cannot say sincerely if any of the above helped my case or if it just run its course. I am just so happy that there is that bright light at the end of the dark tunnel.
I should also mention that I am not going to get my passport stamped because its about to expire (3weeks). I will first get a new before I go for stamping.
Wish you all the best, hang in there your day is sure to come.
emmy

baltimore interview - I 140 missing

same thing happened to me. On my interview my officer says my 140 is missing . How do i get a status from Baltimore INS Office ? whom should i call ? is it in falcon building ?
appreciate your response

You can renew your passport 6 months before expiry.

Congratulations !!! if you are an Indian citizen, you can renew your passport 6 months before the expiry. I renewed my passport 4-5 months before the actual expiry. Check http://www.indianembassy.org/
you can download the application form from there.