Bad News

hedgehog

Registered Users (C)
Here's the link: to both articles - this sucks

http://www.immigration.com/newsletter1/updatesead.html

wonder if this is true:

I heard some news that "INS headquarters has issued an order to ALL of its offices to stop approving I-485 cases until further notice sometime in Nov 2002." Has anybody else heard anything about this?

http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=66452

http://www.immigration.com/newslett...advanceins.html - This link seems not to be working - here's the text

Delay in Issuance of EADs and Advance Paroles -INS

According to an INS spokesperson, a memorandum that INS has not made public instructs all INS offices to cease same-day adjudications of benefits when there is a temporary A file. This is part of an overall memo requiring all INS offices to undergo certain procedures to “ensure that benefits are not granted to ineligible” persons. Among other things, adjudicators have been told that they must review the full contents of any A file before granting any benefit and that they must review the Service’s Central Index System (CIS) database for additional INS records on the applicant. If any potentially disqualifying information is uncovered, the adjudicator must obtain and review the information and the supervisor or officer-in-charge must sign off on the adjudication.

INS also has advised that, if the FBI indicates in a name check that a negative record might exist, the adjudicator may not complete processing the petition or application until he or she receives a definitive response from the FBI indicating that the information triggered by the name check does not pertain to the applicant in question.

In response to these instructions, District Offices that previously processed employment authorizations and advance paroles on a same-day basis have discontinued the practice, either on a blanket basis or for cases for which they do not have the A file. Some offices have issued blanket statements, such as this one from Harlingen:

“Due to unforeseen circumstances, the Immigration and Naturalization Service will be unable to issue Employment Authorization Documents and Travel Documents until further notice. It is expected that this situation will be resolved in approximately sixty (60) days. If your employer has any questions, they are welcome to contact the Service at (800) 375-5283. We sincerely apologize for the extreme inconvenience this situation will cause you and your family.”

While the INS spokesperson indicated that the policy discussed above would delay issuance of EADs and advance paroles, he had no information as to why some local offices would indicate that they are currently unable to issue EADs and travel documents “until further notice.”

Last edited by a moderator:
Great!

Now november filers can forget about approvals until January. Now even that sounds like being optimistic.

I guess i am going to stop visiting this board for some time. take some time off. We get a lot of information here, but its getting really depressing now. I need a break.
:(

Couldn't agree more with you..but then that curiosity factor of just peeping in ( into the forum) is hard to get rid of...:)

I think the GC process will be longer and harder going forward. Also, this may explain the reason for an an increase in the # of RFEs and local transfers.:(

God help us all.......

I do not

know if people like me who got RFE are the lucky ones/unlucky ones? On one side, I am glad they opened my case, but on the otherhand comes the question whether they will approve soon after RFE reply.

is this for renewal of EAD also?

hi,

Is this statement for renewal of EAD/ AP also?

what if we apply in VSC for renewal not in local office?

thanks
bannu

INS screws up again...

Was talking to my attorney yesterday, and was told that INS screwed up again (a guy with terrorist links was approved for citizenship). INS has hence stopped processing all I-485 applications for an indefinite period of time. EAD approvals will go on normally though.

What is temporary A-file?

Remember the online status used to say
"Not indentified", is that an A-file?

I think this has nothing related to someone who has done FP for more than 6 months.

After you did FP, FBI check your FP in their database, and if you're not indentified, then you're fine. If you are in the database, then probably your case will be delayed.

Anyone has idea what A file is?

I think this has nothing related to someone who has done FP for more than 6 months.

After you did FP, FBI check your FP in their database, and if you're not indentified, then you're fine. If you are in the database, then probably your case will be delayed.

Anyone has idea what A file is?

Okay, read this
http://www.shihab.net/empimm/I485sop.pdf

This tells you what is A-file. Basically, A means Alien number. When you filed with INS, sometimes you're assigned an A-number. If you have duplicate numbers,
then extra time will spent on resolving the duplicate numbers. If you are identified in the datebase, then you're in trouble. If you don't have an A-number, then you'll be assigned one.

Also, if you travel in one year before the date INS work on your case, then they need do an extra step to check your G-235A with consulate, that may delay your case too. So don't travel after you file 485 is wise. Otherwise G-235A is never checked.

STOPIMMIGRATION

Are you a citizen? If so why are you here? Stop wasting our time.
Sounds like your application was rejected by INS and you are pissed!!!

Are you habib????? :)

STOPIMMIGRAION u Sucks...

You must know one thing...WITHOUT IMMIGRANTS...US cannot stand top in the world...This is well know fact.

Immigrants has given their brain and hard work to this country.
You guys F**K with girls and transmit AIDS..to rest of the world...

Wait and see....

U guys going to beg to China for Materials and Beg India to brain..

Shut up u F**King mouth.