Bad news...

chilly

Registered Users (C)
I heard that NSC has stopped processing cases that have RD after June/1, and only a small portion of their staff is dedicated to process old cases (RD earlier than June/1), this situation will not change until they finish the restructure.

really bad, but that explains why we are seeing less and less approvals and no June approvals at all.

Any details of July 2001 RD approvals?

Pathik,

You said you\'ve seen some July 2001 RD approvals. Can you please some more details (like LIN#, PD, RD, ND, FP, EB?, Country). My RD is Jul 2, 2001, so I\'m curious.

Thanks.

Please don\'t pass any rumours.

chilly,
  The number of approvals have considerably slowed down in the last month. But untill we find the real reason from a reliable source like some of the lawyer websites or from the INS website, please don\'t pass on any rumours. There are a lot of people who use this website and are in difficult times. Unless you are 100% sure don\'t post info like this.

To prove that you are wrong there has been one more approval.

hmmmm...

.. i am not sure; check: "Ashe"
just approved with ND - 7/2/01

We\'re talking RD here , not ND

Anku,
     There is a difference between RD and ND. Chilly is talking about RD, not ND. July ND does not mean the same as July RD !!

if u look for belgate

u will find that this person is from VSC..just FYI
(search for this id in immigrationportal)

yeah..I think by mistake..NSC is the slowest

centre,and def is nowhere near even the end of May 2001..

Slow since spring break

Actually, I-485 approvals at NSC have slowed down to a trickle since the week of Spring Break ( last week of March ). I have not followed the progress at other centers so can\'t talk about them.

Will US make EB based migration very very hard???

ok..I read a lot on INS restrucuring on the web,and one thing I did get:
1. Def no help for EB based migration - if anything,it\'ll make life more difficult for us,and cases might not even get approved..and even my lawyer admits this

2. Visitors will practically not be allowed in (I say prac.,as the document criteria has stuff like retinal scans,and what not,and for countries like India,who are not a terrorist nation,but recognised such by Europe and silently by US, - it will be diff for folks like say my elderly parents to obtain all these docs,if the govt issues them in the first place at the consulates),unless ofcourse the country is a "white" country..like EU,Aus,etc.

3. They r very nicely saying,immigrants,get the F** out....hmm...

Back to India

Well, may not be a bad thing after all. India has suffered from brain drain all these years and this f* country has benefited. If they\'re not ready to give us permanent residency rights here , then we\'re better off in India. Maybe we can do something to improve our country !

sdey, i would be interested to learn more...

about what lies in store for EB immigration, specifically, what might cause an EB case to not make it. could you please give me the url\'s for the sites that you visited, which might shed some more light on the subject?

thanks!