Bad news: Transferred to Los Angeles

malli

Registered Users (C)
heard from AVM that my 485 application(RD(08/2000), ND(09,2000), PD(02/1996) has been transferred to LA office.

This after 6 years of wait ! I am really dejected. I do not live in orange county, so I guess I cannot get it transferred to Westminister office.

Does anyone have any phone #/Fax # for LA office where I can call to follow up? Also, I think the interview people should form a group so as to keep each other updated.

Ciba, I saw your webpage for interviews. Looks like it can take 6 months to an year for getting the interview date. Now, are all the people listed under Los Angeles had/have their interview in LA office or did some have it in Westminister office.

Is there anyway to expedite the thing?

Sigh!
Malli

No Title

since its 6 yrs your PD must be old..and t hats the reason they call for interview..dont worry they just want to check whether you were out of status during these 6 yrs etc.and check w2 , employment letter etc....this is routine...

No Title

Hi Malli,
        My case has been transferred to LA on 3/23/01 and I am still waiting for a notice.
EB3 India 09/95 PD 485 ND 10/20/00

Thanks

No Title

Hi Malli,

I am so sorry to hear the transfer. There seems to be no way of
pushing up the interview other than wait. Those whose cases were
transferred to LA office were all interviewed in downtown office
except one folk (noend?) who requested his case be forwarded to
Westminister.

It is a very good idea that all interview people get together and
form a separate group to exchange information. Unfortunately,
folks whose cases are tranferred often get so dejected that
they choose to keep quiet. I hope they could be more "active"
as interview data is actually the most valuable information in
immigration.

In any event, please keep us posted on the development of your
case.

ciba

No Title

Hello all
RD 02/12/01
ND 03/15/01
WAC-01-130
I have not recd the FP notice. Has any one recd FP notice for this period. Will FP event be recorded in AVM. Please advise...

No Title

Hi CIBA!

I have asked my attorney transfer my interview from LA to Westminster and here is what he answerd me last week.
How do you think about his opinion? (I am living Orange County)

Thanks in advance.

-------------------------------------------

You do not have a choice over having the hearing on your INS case in Los Angeles or Westminster. The California Service Center has transferred your case to Los Angeles in their discretion. By experience, INS Los Angeles [INSLA] does not commonly transfer cases to Westminster for Orange County residents. Should you want to inquire directly at INSLA, you are free to visit there and inquire in person. Go very early, and be prepared to spend most of the day to speak to an officer. The address is on the transfer notice that I sent to you in March. Visit room 8010. The decisions whether or not to transfer your case is solely in their discretion [authority].

I prefer to not speculate about the reasons why INS sent your case to INSLA. A little knowledge is a dangerous thing. If you submitted fingerprints to INS before in any proceeding, that record could prompt an interview.

You stated previously that INS had sent you a communication with a different INS file number. An investigation could be undertaken under the Freedom of Information Act [FOIA] to secure copies of all files from INS relating to you. This must be submitted on form G-639 with appropriate identification. When INS responds, we can review the documents to seek to discover a reason why the case was referred to INSLA for the interview. Without such discovery and evidence, we will be only guessing about why your case has been sent there. Speculation serves no useful purpose at this point, but to make you more anxious and to devote time and effort to a process that will not likely reveal the truth.

Finally, an attorney’s time is his stock in trade. We have earned the legal fees to take your case to this point, but now face an uncertain path and future since INS has referred your case for an interview and special handling.

Future services including responding to lengthy inquiries and collateral issues will require additional legal fees. Services such as a FOIA, inquiry at INSLA, or discussions about new sponsor/petitioner cases will also require fees. This may be another reason for you to consult with new counsel. You may find the change to better suit your needs, and the new attorney to provide a new view that you find more responsive to your needs.

No Title

Hi pinkpiggy,

Let me study noend\'s case carefully to see how he requested his
case be forwarded to Westminister. But at a first glance of
your laywer\'s message, it appears that he (she) does not want
to follow up with your case anymore. While I understand many
lawyers\'s times are precious, I still feel aweful reading a
response like this (client\'s best interest are supposed to be
what they should be fighting for!).

ciba

No Title

Hi malli, pinkpiggy, and hjayadev,

If you guys live in Orange County, you should be able to go to
Westminister office and request them to get your case out of
LA office. This will considerably shorten the time it takes
to schedule an interview. Please go to the webpage and check
out noend\'s article.

ciba

No Title

Hi Malli,
        Is your case is straight forward or does have complications ?. Why I am asking because we can figure out why INS is transferring certain cases prior to 1996 by the trend.

Anyway thanks in advance

No Title

Unfortunately, I live in LA county. So Westminister is out of the question for me.

hjayadev, I filed under 245(i) although I was not out of status, INS gave me 7 years of H-1 time instead of the usual six and although my lawyer told me 245(i) is not necessary for me, I did do it anyway.

Pinkpiggy:

Your lawyer seems to be a total jerk. I was unhappy with my lawyer but he seems like "Mother Theresa" compared to yours. He told me not to worry and he will accompany me to the interview. He is trying to wash his hands off your case.

I think you should elsewhere for legal consul. Get the best and fight this.

I offer to form a group for the interviewers - Does yahoogroups sound okay to you guys? Please let me know if you all are interested in this group.

No Title

Hello Malli:
You dont have anything to worry since you applied through 245i. The reason they have called u is to check on your papers in person. I have read that this happens if u file under 245i. The only problem is the waiting time.

Looks like it is a sin to stay in this country longer. Many or almost all cases with pd of 96 are being tranffered to the local office. I am also in the same boat. My pd is 2/96 and my nd is 10/00. My case has not even been assigned yet while almost everyone has been approved. I am afraid that my case will be transffered to the LA office but i live in Orange county.

Hopefully the INS interpretation will come soon, so we can atleast change our jobs.

Instead of starting a group at yahoo clubs, dont you feel you can keep a thread alive here - in that way it will be helpful for other people to get some idea and others might be easily able to join in. we can keep the thread alive by doing a search and posting to it. Please add your details to the thread.

Good luck to all of you.