Bad news from my attorney: INS has suspended all I-485 processing until the end of October

hzhello

Registered Users (C)
Hi, All,

Yesterday afternoon I called my attorney about the status of my I-485 (my RD: Aug6-99, ND: Aug25-99 FP: June01-00, PD: Sept23-97, China EB2). She told me that INS has suspended all I-485 processing until the end of October. INS is doing citizenship processing as they did last year.

I\'m not sure whether this is true or not. Did anyone else got the similar news? If anyone is trying to talk an IIO, please ask IIO to confirm.

I\'m relly frustrated by this bad news.

No Title

hzhello, the IIOs usually give us i) stock answers (as in \'all cases are different\')
or, ii) sometimes incorrect info. (An IIO once told me something that I knew was
wrong) or iii) sometimes useful info. In this case, the best way is to check this
board and other boards (www.isn.org) for any approvals or RFEs lately. Both
of these indicate activity. Lack of this activity would indicate he is right.
check

No Title

Does this mean that your lawyer also has to go through the normal channels to check on the status? Or did he had any special access?

No Title

Based on what she told me that every a few weeks, they have a representitive to visit VSC to check the status.Therefore, I think they have some special channels to check the status.

Concerning that my attoroney is very famous in Philadelphia, I don\'t have the reasons not to believe her. But I just want to confirm from other sources.

No Title

Hzhello, let us not take this seriously. From first hand experience, I have noticed that some attorneys try to create the gloomiest of pictures and some even lie to discourage you from calling them. I know that my lawyer was insisting that it would take another 4-6 months before my I-140 was approved up until the day it was approved. I do not mean to cast any doubts on your lawyer but he/she is probably getting too many calls and is reacting to it. As a matter of fact someone got approved today itself. No IIO has given any indication that processing has stopped. Also, I am sure it is not a closely guarded secret that INS will not leak out. I do not think INS has any closely guarded secrets simply because they are not organized enough to have a policy let alone a secret. Let us wait for a few more days and if the approvals stop coming we know that your lawyer was right. Until then, let us give INS the benefit of doubt, because, for a change, it is in the interest of our own respective sanities.

No Title

Hi, Hzhello, pls check www.isn.org. There are several new approvals post today with late ND\'99. But it seems that all of them come from CSC. Maybe the thing your lawyer indicated is only applied to VSC not to other centers. Can you doubt check it?

My lawyer doesn\'t know anything about processing speed. Actually I feel lawyers don\'t care you any more after you filed I-485 since them already got all the monery from you.

VSC is really lagging behind. CSC is getting so fast. I wish I was at CSC now.