Bad news from IIO.

minqian66

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I called the IIO this morning and she told me that from now the GC needs security check, that would take maybe 6 months or more than one year. She doesn\'t know what does security check mean and how to do the security check. She just said that is the new policy/requirement.

Do anyone hear it before?

Why do you guys just start posting stupid news

Fingerprinting is security check
They just give some answers and you go around scaring everybody
Maybe they just need a security check for you

It has been there

Security check has been there for long time. For some time, it was not mandatory. But, I believe, after 9/11 it is being enforecd again as a mandatory. That is why this process takes 6+ months for 485 Approval. Usually CIA does this kind of check and they take their own time. Hope this helps.

I heard this last week but turned out to be nothing more than mandatory

review of fingerprint. If there is anything solid info from some immigration lawyers, post here. you can ask Jim M, in the front of
485 site.

minqian66 first please post your details.

minqian66,

Please post your details such as PD,RD,ND,FP date, Country, City, State etc.

Please don\'t post any messages before sharing any details.

Achiever

Well said everyone

From the tone of the original poster (no specifics, very generic references to the Perm Residency process ) , it is obvious that he/she is a casual visitor to this site AND/OR has very limited knowledge about the AOS process.
IIO\'s or INS service centers cannot make arbitary decisions on policy w/o proper guidleines from the INS-HQ, State Dept.
INS will be required to publicize such changes so that applicants / attorneys have prior knowledge of them.
When these changes occur they are promptly posted at Oh / Shusterman web-sites so that everyone is aware.

Other than the fact that FP was made mandatory, I have not seen any other major changes to security check in the AOS process posted in the past few months.