BAD NEWS for all....Priority dates to retrogress for EB3 and EB2 in oct.

No Title

I am of the view that if you get A# it should be fine....
Yama911,
   Though you said no arguments on this issue and with that in mind and without any intention of hurting your sensibilities, I want to put forward my understanding..may be I am wrong...I know of a live case who got approved after the dates retrogressed...at the same time last year, I read in this forum of a case getting rejected after fifteen months for filing one day before the month..like his case became current on April 1st and his case reached VSC on 31st March...
He has done FP, EAD and everything...

Here is summary :
   the officer will determine at the last stage( as mentioned by you) , whether your dates are current when you applied and it does not matter whether they are current or not on the approval date....

thanks,
raju

Rajum, that\'s incorrect. When PDs retrogress even if 485 processing started for your case is semi-p

ShantanuB need some rest....

He is restless in thinking about GC. It is a problem with him. He was posting the same messages repeatedly for long time.

He have a bad sense.

No Title

Remember when back in late-1999/ early-2000 the dates were made current for a brief period when everyone applied for AOS in a hurry? I guess when the dates retrogressed subsequently, the applications were put on hold until the visa numbers either started moving in early 2001 or past July, 2001 when EB2 and EB3 became current again. So methinks even if AOS is applied, if the dates retrogress, one may have to live with EADs and APs, but with added protection from AC21 regulations.
- Just a thought

It\'s not like before...

Previously, the availability of visa numbers were determined solely by the per-country quota. That\'s why we saw PDs for India, China, Mexico etc (high percentage of beneficiaries) retrogressing.
However, along with the AC21 law, if I remember correctly, another law was also signed that enables the INS to allocate unused visa numbers of other countries to those applying from these high-demand countries.

or is it every three months?

True, If I remember correct, this recapture and redistribution will be possible only every quarter but not on a monthly basis; so while the bad news may be the possible retrogression of PDs during FY-2003, the good news is they may not be as stagnant as they were in the pre-AC21 life.

Shantanu has a bad Omen for EB3 after Sep 99 and see this date in many of his postings ?

Hi Man are you Psychic and why do want to Scare people about PD . If they are going to Retrogress , We need to hear them from DOS or AILA not unsubstantiated Rumours.
I think every one here understands the importance of PD being current for a 485 Approval.
Shantanu if you are not well go see a doctor but not spoil the peace and tranquility of the hard working non-immigrants aspiring to be PERM Residents.

No Title

Depending on where the visa numbers are the situation will not be as bad as PRE AC21 Law because of the following explanation from Shusterman\'s FAQ on AC21 (http://www.shusterman.com/h1b-faq.html): -

Q4. I have heard that the law abolishes per country quotas. Is this true?

A. Section 104 alters, but does not abolish, per country quotas. Prior law limited the number of employment-based immigrant visas to just under 10,000 annually per country. The new law, on a quarterly basis, allows the use of unused EB visas by persons born in backlogged countries like India and mainland China.

Q5. Does the law allow more persons to immigrate through the EB categories?

A. Yes. While the law does not actually increase the EB quotas, section 106 allows for the more than 100,000 EB visas which were lost in fiscal years 1999 and 2000 due to INS processing delays to be "recaptured" as long as there is excess demand in the EB-1, EB-2 and EB-3 categories.

I hope this helps.

Sagar