bad lawyer, what should i do?

davli024

Registered Users (C)
several years ago, I picked up this firm to help me with the green card application after talking with the boss (also lawyer) of the firm. he was my lawyer until labor certification was approved. then he assigned my case to another lawyer that he hired. she was fine at the beginning, then she caused couple delays in my case, and things are getting worse until couple months ago, I decided to turn to the boss that I talked with when I decided to go with his firm, since he assigned her to me after all. I don't know what he said to her, but ever since then, she never replied my email in time although there is a rule in their firm saying that client's email will be answered with 24 hrs. I am so frustrated with this, I had enough bad luck and frustration with INS already. what should I do? complain again? what if she get angry at me and do sth. bad to my application? It has been about 600 days since I filed 485, I am afraid that if I complain about her, she will destroy the whole thing, you know, she is a professional, she could easily destroy a case "correctly", what should I do, pals?

Calm down budd!

Hey Fellas,

She can't do jack's crap worth of harm to your case, talk to the owner of the firm (the man you been refering as a boss!) and ask him that you want the case to be reassigned to some one else. You can even change the lawyer and by law your lawyer is obliged to provide all the info.

Be aggressive, and dont let any one screw you.

:)
Have fun now!

I went through a similar experience. My lawyer was not that competent. I retained the services of another lawyer and had her transfer all the files (new one was also so-so). Went smoothly. Cost was the only concern, although you’ll sleep better at night! Most lawyers (I would venture to say overwhelming majority) are professional and won’t sabotage your case out of spite. It damages their reputation and is grounds for a malpractice lawsuit from the client. Hi agree with slave_until_gc, that you should contact someone higher up in the firm and mention you want a change pronto. Besides, since I filed I485 (RD 12/18/01) lawyers have been worthless. I get more information from Mr. Rajiv Khanna’s posts as well as from this users posters than from my attorneys.

Good luck, and try not to worry.
sadiq

INS is not that BAD to let the "lawers" destroy our fate

Send G-28? to BCIS, and mark a copy to "her" saying you are going with other lawyer..........

Technically, I-485 is your application , not your employers. So you are the client of your attorney. In other words she is working for you and she can not do anything without your consent. So, have peace of mind and pursue her aggressively. One more thing attorneys in US are very proffessional and they work on prirority basis whis is motivated by fees!! :)