Bad experience In Houston Office, any input appreciated!

Houston485

Registered Users (C)
Experience In Houston Office, any input appreciated!

Guys,

We went to the INS office in Houston today around 1:00 PM and hope less people. When we got there, the guard said follow the blue line. So we did and it led us to a window in the back. The lady in the window ask us to go to window 16 which is the window with a long line where you can get a number. When we get to the window 16, the lady told us they are out of numbers and we need come back tomorrow.

It's very upsetting that we both waiste our time to go there and line up to get the answer to go home and come back again. Does anyone have any suggestion on how early to go to be able to get a number?

Thanks in advance,

Houston485

Last edited by a moderator:
Assuming its for passport stamping

That is the standard procedure. Blue line led you to the naturalization window, but you didn't actually be in a line, you just ask lady and she pointed you to window 16. Window 16 is the one who classified guests as information, case inquiry and adjudication. Because you reach so late around 1:00 Pm you have only 3 hours left and they must have more people to serve for case inquiry/passport stamping thats why they sent you back.

If you come earlier you would have to stand outside building in a line also.

I have posted my experience of stamping in previous thread in houston , I found other threads also which suggest me to go there around 8:00 AM and you would be done by 2:00 clock. 4-6 hours.

Also they asked me for three photographs instead of two , dont know why.

Raju

Thanks, guys. It's for stamping. I think the blue line did not actually take any cases for stamping since she told me to go to window 16. So, I'll try to be there at 8:00 AM tomorrow and will let you guys know what happens.

Thanks.

I don't think its fair to call this a bad experience when in fact the fault lies in your part by going so late. There were so many experiences posted here esp on stamping requirements.

Anyway try to get there early the next time.

I agree with Stereo , this should not be called a bad experience , infact they were nice to tell you right away that they cannot accomodate you within three hours. It would be bad if you wait after getting number from window 16 and at 4:00 PM they tell you to go home.....

Raju

Houston485:

I wouldn't call it your fault. Some people had reported that they were able to get in at 1pm and get stamped very fast.

So what you did was taking a measured risk trying to beat the lines. But you forgot one important factor: today is Monday, normally the busiest day of the week in local offices.

And that mistake came back to bite you :)

Good luck tomorrow! Don't feel bad since this is nothing comparing to the long wait for approval.:D

I guess my subject was miss leading? If so, sorry about it. Well, I was very upset since our lawyer has told us to go in the afternoon for less people, I was hoping to get it done today. My husband did it for temporary AP in the afternoon and it was fine. Thanks for all the input.

Houston485

My wife and I had the passport stamp in Last Monday's afternoon. We arrived INS around 1:20pm from the work, had waited about 30 mins to get to the window. There are two windows there, one with a lady who can speak Spanish and another black lady. we were at the window with black lady. After she had a qucik look at our approval notic, she said there was no number available today and we had to come tomorrow. I asked could you check again? then the spanish-speaking lady at another window said we might have numbers. The black lady asked us to standby and called somebody, then printed us two tokens, #240 and #241. At that time, they were processing #219. We sitted there around 1:50 and were called around 3:50. All the process was taken in 10 mins. Walked out around 4:00pm. BTW, there were only one couple behind us and i remembered that couple arrived in 2:00pm.

I thought houston office closes at 3:00pm..so its good that they waited till 4:00pm to finish ur case...I reached in the morning...got a number..waited for my turn..and got it stamped..its always better to go in the morning... Anyway, my 2 cents..

Madhav

Its a risk-reward situation in the afternoon, there are no lines you have to stand to get numbers in the afternoon but they might be out of numbers. If you live close to Northpoint than it is easier to check in the afternoon otherwise go in the morning.

Raju

Originally posted by Houston485
Thanks, guys. It's for stamping. I think the blue line did not actually take any cases for stamping since she told me to go to window 16. So, I'll try to be there at 8:00 AM tomorrow and will let you guys know what happens.

Thanks.

Congrats Houston485. hope all would have gone fine today and you got it stamped.

Can you post your RD/ND etc ?.

thanks and Congrats again.