Bad AC-21 letter and G-28

Mendota

Registered Users (C)
My new company attorney just filed AC-21 EVL and G-28 for me.

But it surprised to me that he only mentioned my already approved I-140 case no in the letter and G-28 form. I am really angry about. As I understand, he has to attach my wife and my I-485 receipt notice. Is there any bad consequence? I am afraid that the letters for my pending I-485 cases will still go to my previous employer's attorney.

Do I have to do it again? Also is the G-28 form necessary for my wife (she was filed as my dependent)?

Thanks a lot!

Mendota said:

But it surprised to me that he only mentioned my already approved I-140 case no in the letter and G-28 form. I am really angry about.
---- did he sent copy of YOUR I-485 filing reciept? if yes then no problem. He should have wriiten your I-485 reciept # not I-140
As I understand, he has to attach my wife and my I-485 receipt notice.
----- dependents dont need to invoke AC21
Is there any bad consequence?
I am afraid that the letters for my pending I-485 cases will still go to my previous employer's attorney.
---------- why?
Do I have to do it again?
Also is the G-28 form necessary for my wife (she was filed as my dependent)?
-------------No as AC21 is invoked by Primary applicant of I-485
Thanks a lot!
If you have concerns talk to the attorney who sent AC21 and clear the confusion you are facing

Mendota said:

But it surprised to me that he only mentioned my already approved I-140 case no in the letter and G-28 form. I am really angry about. As I understand, he has to attach my wife and my I-485 receipt notice. Is there any bad consequence? I am afraid that the letters for my pending I-485 cases will still go to my previous employer's attorney.

Do I have to do it again? Also is the G-28 form necessary for my wife (she was filed as my dependent)?

Thanks a lot!

I am in the process of doing AC21 and G28 through a leading attorney. My situation is I-140 approved and I-485 pending. This is what my attorney did for G-28 -- mention the 485 receipt number and A# in the G-28. We (me and my wife) signed three identical copies of G-28 forms each. There is absolutely no reference to I-140. I am expecting the AC21 attorney letter would have refrences to labor, I-140 and I-485 also.

The whole process of AC21 and G-28 is I-485 based, good to mention approved I-140 but that alone would not be suffice.

indian_gc_ocean said:
I am in the process of doing AC21 and G28 through a leading attorney. My situation is I-140 approved and I-485 pending. This is what my attorney did for G-28 -- mention the 485 receipt number and A# in the G-28. We (me and my wife) signed three identical copies of G-28 forms each. There is absolutely no reference to I-140. I am expecting the AC21 attorney letter would have refrences to labor, I-140 and I-485 also.

The whole process of AC21 and G-28 is I-485 based, good to mention approved I-140 but that alone would not be suffice.

G-28 for the I-140 is signed by the employer.

tammy2 said:
G-28 for the I-140 is signed by the employer.
I don't think this is relavant to Mendota's case. Mendota is trying on his own to change a lawyer for his I-485 and AC21. It is not like his employer is trying to change a lawyer for a pending I-140.