backlog petition to congresspersons

rajum

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,
Please post your details if your RD is 90 days before the published date in your service center.
I will post the details of the letter shortly. Please don't use this thread for regular messages. I am giving the URL of this thread in the letter.

I am going to post my details shortly. Please consider it as a template to post your details.

thanks,
rajum

To be removed: Couples of weeks back, I started a thread and planned to start a fax campaign. Some friends advised to wait till Presidential elections as most congresspersons and the whole nation was in the midst of elections and our petition may not be noticed.
Let us start faxing to Congresspersons from this Thursday.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is the proposed letter

To,
xxxxx
Congress member
Arizona 6th Dist

Subject: High randomized processing of USCIS despite appreciable efforts for backlogs

Dear Sir,

We appreciate your support to the immigrant community through your letter on DATE(TBA) to USCIS (formerly known as INS) to reduce the immigration backlogs. Your support on behalf of immigrants gives us a sense of hope and sense of belonging to this great land of opportunities.

ImmigrationPortal.org is a non-profit organization to voice their concerns and help contribute towards legal immigration reform in the United States of America.

Off late, USCIS is sincerely displaying great efforts to reduce the backlog. California Service Center (CSC) moved the processing date to Jan.2004 from Jan.2002 in a span of 4 months. Similarly, Vermont Service Center has moved the processing date to June 2003 from Feb 15, 2002 in a span of four months. More or less the other two centers are showing the same statistics. It is indeed a laudable effort considering the fact that these Service Centers moved processing date by only four to five months in two years prior to this. Some people think that the published dates does not reflect the real processing dates.

However, we would like to bring to your attention the randomization that has crept into the System. USCIS has yet to process cases dating back to Oct’ 2001. Please see the following site for a sample list of unadjudicated cases.
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?p=965689#post965689

Prior to this, the gap between the non-adjudicated cases to the published processing dates use to be two to three months. For ex: if the published date is say December 2002, this means for all the cases which was filed in October 2002 use to be adjudicated except a case here and there and that unadjudicated cases uses to be minority . This used to help a lot in tracking the cases. Now this gap has increased to two years creating lot of confusion and the published date cannot be used as a barometer.

Along with the above, we want to bring other facts which are relevant in this regard

i) USCIS indicated numerous times that it need to conduct multiple security levels. However, its senior officers in their disposition to a court case (please see the appendix A) and also before Congress sometime back indicated that for more than 90% of the cases it takes couple of minutes. Even the highest security check with FBI should complete within 45 days.
ii) In some cases, USCIS may require additional documentation and issues Request for Further Evidence (RFE) which might take 87 days more. Please refer to Appendix B for additional info)

iii) The productivity of the adjudicating officer is measured in terms of adjudications/hour. (Please see appendix C)

Considering the above three facts, we believe that the reasonable time frame for a non-adjudicated case beyond the published date should be within 90 days. However, now that time frame looks like two years.

iv) Finger Printing (FP) lapses every 15 months. USCIS has this rule for administrative convenience as it is expected that USCIS adjudicates the case within 15 months and storage of FP for longer period might cost extra computer resources. Now, some people are waiting for third fingerprinting. Their two FP’s lapsed resulting in further delays.

Against the above four facts, the whole process is reducing into a Kafkaesque trial. We are submitting to you some letters from the candidates who cases has not been adjudicated for long explaining their stories. How the delay is affecting their day-to-day life and their American dreams.

We laud your efforts and also USCIS efforts in reducing the backlogs. With this confidence in your sense of fairness and with extreme faith in American System, we appeal you to intervene and ensure that all the cases get fair treatment.

Regards,

General Secretary,

Details of rajum

Here is the format:

PD: 05/19/2000
Labor Approved: 08/31/2000
I-140 approved: 06/04/2001

My file is suppose to transfer to NVC and INS lost the petition.

duplicate I-140 : 11-28-2001
I-485 RD: 03-26-2002
Ist FP : 05-21-2003

Employment RFE replied on : 10-23-2003
Ist FP expired : 08-23-2004

No Second FP, No Approval

Contacted VSC(presently known as USCIS) innumerous times in 2001 and early 2002.

Current List of efforts to contact USCIS in 2004

i) Senator Lautenberg office --------01/08/2004 --------No resources
ii) Senator Lautenberg office --- -----03/08/2004 ------- No resources
iii) Senator Lautenberg office --------06/15/2004---------In the FP queue(FP has not lapsed and valid till 08/23/2004)
iv) Congressperson Frank pallone office--- 08/2004 -------- Reason is that the petition is in FP queue despite valid FP.
v) Expedite request --------- 08/08/2004---------Rejected
vi) In person at Vermon Service center--- 08/23/2004-------last day of FP expiration.
v) Info pass at Newark--------09/03/2004------No use
vi) Ombudsman office---------09/10/2004 ------because of backlogs

vii) Status enquiry ----------10/2004 ------------ No result

If you want to find out more details, please contact me at : 732-648-4039

To the best of my belief, the above facts are true.

thanks,
rajum

Hi Every one,
We are going to provide a link to this thread in our letter to the congress persons complaining about the random processing. So all the VSC I485 applicants with receipt date of March'2003 and before, may please post your details here. This serves as as a proof (though not an accurate one) for our complaint that CIS is adjudicating the cases randomly.

Pls add me too

485 Receipt Date : Mar-28-03

Here are my details of the pending I485 case at VSC :

PD: 08/01/2001
I-485/I140/I765 RD: 03-05-2003 (EB3 Category)
I-485/I140/I765 ND: 03-26-2003

I-140 approved:07/09/2003

Ist FP : 05-20-2003
2nd FP: 09-11-2004

Employment RFE/NOID replied on : 07-02-2004 and online status updated on 9/27/2004 response received

Contacted VSC(presently known as USCIS) on I485 status on Sep 1st and received a reply through FAX on Sep 2nd saying " Case is under review , you will hear shortly from the office".

Current List of efforts to contact USCIS in 2004

i) Senator Carl Levin's office ---------09/10/2004 -------- case in Adjucation area.. wait for 60 days

ii)Case Status enquiry by calling National Customer service ----------10/22/2004 ------------ No response yet

To the best of my belief, the above facts are true.

thanks,
kvpt_mm

All we need is I485 Receipt Date. For example, if my I485 is still pending , i would have posted te following message in this thread :

I485 Receipt Date : Ocotber'2002.
Case is still pending

That's all we need from all those people having RD of March'2003 and before. Congress men and INS will then understand that a lot of people with March'03 and before are still not approved where as the official processing date is June'03.

My Details

I485 Receipt Date : March 25 th 2003.
I 485 Notice Date : April 03 rd 2003

Case is still pending

Our Details:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dependent ( Spouse ):
I485 Receipt Date : Dec 23 nd 2002
I 485 Notice Date : Jan 27 th 2003

Primary:
I485 Receipt Date :Jan 27th 2003
I 485 Notice Date :Mar 6th 2003.

Hope this is enough. If you need more information, please send me a P.M.

I'm encoraging other Service Center members also to post their details at this thread, so please include your service center when you post your details. We need more members to signup for this campain to be successful. Talk to your friends in the same situation and ask them to signup. Its outrageous that the service centers move JIT date leaving behind so many cases without approval. Lets bring CSCs cover up on JIT dates to the light.

A possible format for details could be.

ID,
RD
ND
Service Center

History

Count me in.

California Service Center
485 Pending
WAC-02-184-xxxxx
RD: 05/13/2002
ND: 05/14/2002