FP2 11/3/04
EAC 031415****

Please add my details

I-140/I-485 ND April 25, 2003 - VSC
I-140 Approved March 31, 2004
FP1 Feb 20, 2004
EAC03155*****
Called for customer service enquiry on 10/22/2004, got reply on 11/13/2004
saying "our computer sstems shows that your petition/application is still pending service consideration. please allow 60 to 90 days to hear from this office" - Did any body knows what it means???
I-485 AD ????????

Last edited by a moderator:
Long Long Pending

I am and always will be around here :

I-485 Receipt Date: Sept 2002
FP2 : Sept, 2004

Have asked help from Local Congressman.

Initiated Status Inquiry with USCIS, LUD altered on Nov 1 saying they
have sent me response...and no response received yet.

Is this really gonna happen ?

When is this letter going out and to how many Congressmen ?

Do we need to sign ? If so, how ?

Any response would be appreciated !

Sumanta said:

The letter was originally prepared by rajum and then edited by me and others. Yesterday, we have printed about 45 copies of the letter , each addressed to a separate congress man and i have signed the letter (being the secretary of immigrationportal.org) and they should have been sent today by rajum. Let's hear from him.

dsatish said:
The letter was originally prepared by rajum and then edited by me and others. Yesterday, we have printed about 45 copies of the letter , each addressed to a separate congress man and i have signed the letter (being the secretary of immigrationportal.org) and they should have been sent today by rajum. Let's hear from him.

dsatish,
Thanks for this initiative. Had a question.
What happens if the approvals of people come in while this is still under review? The congress men would not respond right away and it is possible that USCIS may approve some of the cases that are listed here (like they did mine after a long wait!). Would that cause a problem for people still waiting?

My I485 ND 04/26/02
FP1,FP2 done,
EAD1,EAD2,EAD3 done.
FBI name check completed.
Call UCIS three times,
Sent expidate request, get response say lack of manpower.

Can we also post to Director, VSC ?

dsatish said:

Satish & Rajum,
What do you think about printing out this letter and after
"ink signatures" from the "list of the willing", also send it to
"The Personal ATTENTION OF THE DIRECTOR, VSC" ?

Is that a preposterous idea ? Or does it makes sense ? Just a thought.

Sumanta said:

Sumanta,
We are faxing today. Attached are the letter and the list of congresspersons.

I will let everybody know once I complete the task.

thanks,

Last edited by a moderator:
Sumanta said:
Satish & Rajum,
What do you think about printing out this letter and after
"ink signatures" from the "list of the willing", also send it to
"The Personal ATTENTION OF THE DIRECTOR, VSC" ?

Is that a preposterous idea ? Or does it makes sense ? Just a thought.

Not a preposterous idea. We have this in mind and aware that we need to modify this letter. We kept this letter at a higher level without going into specifics. If we are sending to immigration subcommittee, we need to give more details and make a case. If you are sending to VSC director, then we need to change the tone. Similarly with the media and other important functionaries.

thanks,

Additional Fax #'s

rajum said:
Sumanta,

thanks,

Can you add the following fax #'s for 2 of NJ's Congressmen ( I am not sure
if they belong to Immigration Sub-Committee ) :

Congressman Jim Saxton :
Fax : 856-438-2384

Congressman Rob Andrews :
Fax : 856-546-9529

Great letter, clear, precise and up to the point

It is a great letter. Hope it helps. Thanks for the efforts.

Sumanta said:
Can you add the following fax #'s for 2 of NJ's Congressmen ( I am not sure
if they belong to Immigration Sub-Committee ) :

Congressman Jim Saxton :
Fax : 856-438-2384

Congressman Rob Andrews :
Fax : 856-546-9529

Thanks Sumanta...we got the fax numbers of all the 430 congresspersons.

We are going in a phased manner.

thanks,

Here is the letter that was faxed to about 45 congress persons :
(I have copied from the attachment and posting here)

To,
Jeff Blake
Congress member
Arizona 6th Dist

Subject: Highly random processing of Employment Based Green Cards by USCIS despite appreciable efforts for backlogs

Dear Sir,

We appreciate your support to the immigrant community through your letter to USCIS (formerly known as INS) to reduce the immigration backlogs. Your support for legal immigrants gives us a sense of hope and sense of belonging to this great land of opportunities.

ImmigrationPortal.org is a non-profit organization formed to voice their concerns and help towards legal immigration reforms in the United States of America.

Off late, USCIS is displaying great efforts to reduce the backlog. California Service Center (CSC) moved the processing date to Jan.2004 from Jan.2002 in a span of 4 months. Similarly, Vermont Service Center has moved the processing date to June 2003 from Feb 15, 2002 in a span of four months. More or less the other two centers are showing the same statistics. It is indeed a laudable effort considering the fact that these Service Centers moved processing date by only four to five months in two years prior to this.

However, we would like to bring to your attention the high degree of randomness that has crept into the System. While USCIS presents a rosy picture of current processing dates on it’s web site, the reality is that thousands of people who have applied their Adjustment of Status application (I485) in 2001, 2002 and early 2003 are still waiting for their approval where as USCIS is approving a lot of cases which were filed in late 2003. The cases which were left behind, were not pending due to security checks, but they were pending because USCIS does not seem to have proper methodology for processing cases in First In First Out (FIFO) basis. The above observations are based on our daily monitoring of thousands of adjudications of our members. Please see the following site for a sample list of unadjudicated cases.
http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=150217&page=1&pp=15

We laud your efforts in reducing the backlogs. We deeply appreciate the recent efforts of USCIS in reducing the backlogs. We believe that the random processing of the applications is more due to lack of attention to that specific problem. The degree of randomness has reached such a serious proportion that we need your intervention to request USCIS to maintain a systematic queue processing. With full confidence in your sense of fairness and with extreme faith in American System, we appeal you to intervene and ensure that all the cases get fair treatment. If you have any questions, please contact the undersigned at xxx-xxx-xxxx

Regards,

XXXXXXX
Secretary, Immigrationportal.org

rajum said:
Sumanta,

thanks,

Completed the faxing to 45 members today.
We shall plan for next course of action...Please just throw some ideas...

thanks,