Backlog in I140

candie said:
The major issue is:

1. Delay of I-140 will make AC21 useless.
2. For old applicants, it is bad, since you see I-140 stay around July 2004 for a year or so now. Who know when it will move if we do not do anything to push it?
3. For new concurrent applicatnts, you may be lucky since they will process I-140/485 concurrently, in the new pilot program. But your situation may be bad too if your application is not picked up by the pilot program, or your security check delay for long time which make your 140/485 not adjust-ready. (my name check has been pending in FBI for a year now, and I have no confidence how many more year it will take)
4. Therefore, if they leave both 140/485 on the shelf, it will be hard to keep the applications alive in the tough market. If you are laid off, or want to resign, your 140/485 could be gone !
5. So BCIS should at least process I-140 first. What are they doing now? Since many raise voice of I-485, they are ignoring 140 now, which will make the life of many of us even harder.

If we do not fight for ourselves, who will?

Completely agreed.

As per:

needluck4GC I just left a PM to you.

Yes, I agree. All the applicants filed after July 18, 2003, please join us to fight against the becklog in CSC. Don't be selfish cuz the only way we can get our approvals ASAP is acting together and let our voices be heard. I know some new applicants may think they can fit in pilot program and get the approval soon, but think twice, it's USCIS, nothing is for sure. We are all on the same boat.

---->
Well, I have applied in May 2003, so that means I have a strong case. Now how does one join this fray to fight this undeserving backlog and trauma?
I am very much in!!

Me too!

setuptofail said:
As per:

needluck4GC I just left a PM to you.

Yes, I agree. All the applicants filed after July 18, 2003, please join us to fight against the becklog in CSC. Don't be selfish cuz the only way we can get our approvals ASAP is acting together and let our voices be heard. I know some new applicants may think they can fit in pilot program and get the approval soon, but think twice, it's USCIS, nothing is for sure. We are all on the same boat.

---->
Well, I have applied in May 2003, so that means I have a strong case. Now how does one join this fray to fight this undeserving backlog and trauma?
I am very much in!!

can we coordinate the effort through emails? Candie or needluck4gc, are you willing to coordinate efforts through more direct contact like emails? Let's make this happen!

how about let's start a yahoo group for this purpose?

Let's get the ball rolling

So far, we got the following listed of interested people for I-140 backlog problem. Let's start doing something now to fight for the problem:

I-140helpls
gcpend
I140inCA
dingdingdo
vcb
Zeroc
Whorl1quota\e
candie
needluck4GC
askgc
desi145
616athem
talkative
irisyue
setuptofail
lily2005
kxmao
murthy_janaki

I have put the above list in excel sheet, please put your congress district in the sheet so that we can have some coordination.

I suggest we communicate with each other through this forum at least for now, so that it is easy to draw attention of other members.

I would also suggest we should do the following things first:

(1). Attract more visitors to 140 problem, talk with your friends, make link of this thread to other places, etc.... so that more people can fight for this problem together.
(2). Fax, talk, send letters to congressmen or congresswomen in your district and senetors in your state. We can start the draft letter from gcpend's earlier post (first page of this thread), anyone is welcome to make more suggestions, or modify/add more petition letter. After we agree with each oher more on the scope, content of petitions, we probably should start a signature petition on this forum or somewhere else.

Again, everyone is a share owner of this effort, so let's do what we can do to get more fair treatment on our long way to the green card

Hi Candie,
How do I find the congress district?
btw, I am in san jose, bay area and my employer is also in city of san jose.
Maybe someone else this area already know the answer of my question.

Thanks,
desi

I am in too

Hi,
My 140 was filed in Oct 2003, no progress of course.
Count me in this too.
Updated the excel file

Dasbabu

thanks irisyue
and here is the updated xls sheet with my info. Do you think we should also include RD/ND , EB2/EB3 and last status in this excel file?

Now, I have the information about the congressman..I think it may be good idea if we have sample letter ready, which I can fax/email?

To find your congressman

There is another way to find congress district:

go to: http://www.aila.org/
On right panel, just below "Write to Congress", enter your zip code, then press GO, next page, you will see President, Senator, Congressman, including their pictures and context information.

Suggestion to send to Prakash Khatri (Ombudsman)

I think we should send the e-mail messages to Mr Prakash.Khatri to claim UNFAIRNESS on I-140 processing at the CSC. We should say that CSC is
not at all processing the old I-140 applications and the jit date was not moving...

Prakash.Khatri@dhs.gov

This should be in addition to sending to the congress person as suggested
by candie.