• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

background check

pegah

Registered Users (C)
hi,

I have a high case number & i think my number will be current in the last months ( maybe in Aug/Sep). I wonder can i request from kcc to start my background check from now before i would have an interview time? so that i would have the clearance letter at the time of interview?

thanks,

salam prgah jun

man ham yeki az barandegan ba shomareye balatar az shoma hastam, mamulan khanumhaye mojarad fbi check nadarand, man va shoma vaziatemun shabihe ham hast ba in tafavot ke man shomaram balatar az sho hast.:)

salam,

dar iroon hasti?. nameye dovvom ra gerefti?. fekr mikoni misheh dar bareye fbi check kari kard? zemnan ma moteahel hastam va shoharam barandeh hast. man ankara ra entekhab kardeham to koja ro? in link ra hatman boro mofid hast:

www.mohajersara.com

dont worry

dear pegah va panisalari
i want to assure you,not to worry about FBI check for high case numbers.man ham az iran hastam va 2-3 weeks ghabl ankara interview dashtam.bezarin ye matlab ro behetoon begam ke dar moredesh motmaen hastam.sale ghabl(DV2007) dar september ke hanooz chand nafar interview dashtan(va tarikh va case number oonha baraye interview dar linke sefarat bood) bad az 1-2 hafte va foori javabe fbi check ra gereftand va toonestand ke visa hashoon ro begirand(ghabl az 30 september).chon ke khode sefarat ghablan information anha ro baraye check ferestade bood...banabar in aslan negaran nabashid va motmaen bashin ke nobate interview behetoon mirese va hatman ghabl az payane 30 september javabe background check miad.:)

hi,

thanks for your reply. would you please tell me is it possible to request from embassy for initiating the background check before the interview time?
one of my friends won in dv-2006; they did all their medical exams, paid all relevant money,vaccine.... but since their clearance didn't come before end of september, they couldn't get their visas.:( I will appreciate other responses too.

thanks and good luck

Alright our case has been under administrative processing for about five months...so I'm quite worried already...but i read somewhere that visas are going to finish very soon. is that true?:(

as for your question Pegah...as far as I know you can't request FBI check to be initated. i might be wrong though...good luck anyway...

to teoth

hi

The last 2 months(aug and sep) is going to become current so don't worry, you still have time.
:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Name Check

Hi folks

I had my interview last week. We were told that Visas will be issued after two weeks once name check is complete.

TEOTH, Can I know whether embassy gave your passports back to you? Did they give any paper to you?

They have kept our passports. They have not given any paper to us. They only asked us whether we have any intention of travelling abroad within next two weeks. We replied No. They kept passports and said that they will contact us in two weeks.

Those who are under name check/Adminstrative Processing - Can you please tell whether your passports were kept by embassy or returned back to you with some other paper.

As for those who may be interested in konwing our interview experience , I must say it was only a formality. The only thing they were interestd in was a name check because I have a common name. Rest of the interview was just formal talk.

@Banner: well embassy gave us back our passports but then again we traveled outside our country (we went to turkey as there are no US embassy/consular in iran) so basically we needed our passports to get back to our country...they gave a blue paper to us...told us to go for our visas once our number is announced with the said paper...
where are you from by the way?

guys.. i just received my visa today.. the check took only 30 days .. its not so bad..
thank u all for who helped me and wish u all the luck..