background check to buy a gun only 36 days

why it takes so long to pass background check for greencard???:D

The assumption is that the bulk of the background chech had been done at the greencard process. So when you are given greencard, you cleared of...at least that is the assumption...

The assumption is that the bulk of the background chech had been done at the greencard process. So when you are given greencard, you cleared of...at least that is the assumption...

And when you are applying for the citizenship, will they do the same thing again. You basically you can waste 3 or 4 years of your life in background check. I wish they would offer you something to drink while you are waiting.

And when you are applying for the citizenship, will they do the same thing again. You basically you can waste 3 or 4 years of your life in background check. I wish they would offer you something to drink while you are waiting.

Nimche: Congratulations...You are gonna file your citizenship application soon; according to your time line...As far as background check, each individual's case is different. Throughout my greencard process, whenever I was asked to do fingerprint, I used to get my name cleared the following day.

But if you are greencard holder and you have clean application, for example, without arrest, living in the same address in the same state, having stable job, the likelihood of getting your name cleared within days is there. But in some cases if the record is not straightforward, they may delay the adjudication...Anyway, I hope to have an easy pass in the process; Good luck

Nimche: Congratulations...You are gonna file your citizenship application soon; according to your time line...As far as background check, each individual's case is different. Throughout my greencard process, whenever I was asked to do fingerprint, I used to get my name cleared the following day.

But if you are greencard holder and you have clean application, for example, without arrest, living in the same address in the same state, having stable job, the likelihood of getting your name cleared within days is there. But in some cases if the record is not straightforward, they may delay the adjudication...Anyway, I hope to have an easy pass in the process; Good luck

Fingerprint is different than name check, usually fingerprint doens't take long but the name check does, I have been stuck in name check since 2004, it's unfortunate but is happens. I have NO RECORDS. NADA.NOTHING... ::mad: :mad: :mad:

Fingerprint is different than name check, usually fingerprint doens't take long but the name check does, I have been stuck in name check since 2004, it's unfortunate but is happens. I have NO RECORDS. NADA.NOTHING... ::mad: :mad: :mad:

Lol...my bad. I thought they were connected. How do they check names? I thought they use the fingerprints to check names. Names are words that can be taken by anybody...but the fingerprints are unique to each individuals..so I was under the impression that they use fingerprints to clear names....

Lol...my bad. I thought they were connected. How do they check names? I thought they use the fingerprints to check names. Names are words that can be taken by anybody...but the fingerprints are unique to each individuals..so I was under the impression that they use fingerprints to clear names....
The check names by using your full name and variations of your name and date of birth
Ex: name: Juan Bonilla Tomaz BDO: 12/12/77

they will check: Juan Bonilla Tomaz
Juan Tomaz Bonilla
Bonilla Tomaz Juan
Tomaz Bonilla Juan
Bonilla Juan Tomaz, etc, etc, and so on.
I hope you did get it.

The check names by using your full name and variations of your name and date of birth

Juan Tomaz Bonilla
Bonilla Tomaz Juan
Tomaz Bonilla Juan
I hope you did get it.

Correct. And suppose you were witness to a shooting or any crime etc, your name comes back as a "hit" so an officer has to drag his sorry ass and go check out as to what really happened.

People with common names get stuck because of that apparent reason.

Juan Tomaz Bonilla
Bonilla Tomaz Juan
Tomaz Bonilla Juan
I hope you did get it.

Thanks for the Info....I never thought it like that...even though my middle name is "Osman" which would probably pull up a stream of ...

If you Google your name, you will have an idea of how many name checks the FBI will have to make.
I did mine and got 1,280.000. And my name is not a commun one.
:(

Thanks for your good wishes. They'll do what ever they would like to do. It will be all depend on you luck and how good the officer is.
Do we have any Immigration Law student here? These people are the best source for Info., and for some reason I though you are one of them. Sorry if I am wrong.
In six months when I apply for my Citizenship, hopefuly I will write a full experience and solutions on this forum. Looserd ID has started his/her citizenship process, let see if get informed by him.

GoodLuck to everyone and take care.

If you Google your name, you will have an idea of how many name checks the FBI will have to make.
I did mine and got 1,280.000. And my name is not a commun one.
:(

I googled my name as you adviced;) and I jut only got 864 and the first one was myself in real. And then in time of citizenship it will take years to clear the D**n name check. If you don't believe me just watch.