Background check done by the US Consulate

moden

Registered Users (C)
Hi friends,
I recently learnt that if you file your I485 within one year after getting a visa from a US consulate abroad, your G-325A will be sent to that consulate for a background check. Does anybody know how this background check is done? Do they request the goverment official to do that or do they just check whether the information on G325 A matches with that filled up in the visa application form DS156 and DS157? Did anybody comeacross this situation?

The reasons I have posted this is because I obtained H1B visa in Jan 06 and concurrently filed my 1-140, 1485 and I-765 in October 06. See my signature for the current status.

I would think that they check what is somewhat publicly available in many countries such as police record and military service record.

I would like to hope that most countries won't disclosed 'non-public' information (e.g., tax record - not public record in many countries) just becasue another government is asking...

hi

hi moden, my lawyer told me that USCIS wont sent it to the US consulate.......who told you that information?