Background check abroad

Brysia

My cousin is applying for green card. She has criminal conviction on her record from her home country in eastern Europe. It was a traffic violation that resulted in sentencing and prison time. Does background check conducted by FBI include both USA and home country? If she withholds this information on the application will she be discovered?

Well the first background check will be conducted in her home country also and she will be busted, which in turn will lead to rejection of her application and ban.

My cousin is applying for green card. She has criminal conviction on her record from her home country in eastern Europe. It was a traffic violation that resulted in sentencing and prison time. Does background check conducted by FBI include both USA and home country? If she withholds this information on the application will she be discovered?

Traffic violation shouldn't be a issue unless it was DWI/DUI.

I remember reading somewhere that FBI check is primarily limited to USA (as all domestic system feeds information for eg. fingerprints and case details to FBI for criminal cases).

Is there anybody else here with more knowledge, is this true?? Is it just for serious criminal crimes anybody with personal experience please share.
Traffic violation shouldn't be a issue unless it was DWI/DUI.

I remember reading somewhere that FBI check is primarily limited to USA (as all domestic system feeds information for eg. fingerprints and case details to FBI for criminal cases).