BACK to COP and renew passport - Will it affect citizenship interview?

djohan

Registered Users (C)
My in law is an AS7 asylee, and she has been returning to COP a few times (to visit her ill elderly mother). She has no problem returning back to U.S. Recent news reported that immigration at port of entry is very strict in reviewing asylees that go back from the COP.
She is applying for her citizenship this year, and she fears the fact that she renewed her pasport and went back to COP will cause her GC to be revoked and citizenship to be denied.
Please share your thoughts and experience. Thanks.

My in law is an AS7 asylee, and she has been returning to COP a few times (to visit her ill elderly mother). She has no problem returning back to U.S. Recent news reported that immigration at port of entry is very strict in reviewing asylees that go back from the COP.
She is applying for her citizenship this year, and she fears the fact that she renewed her pasport and went back to COP will cause her GC to be revoked and citizenship to be denied.
Please share your thoughts and experience. Thanks.

Depends on what country is her COP..has the country conditions changed since gaining asylum? Many other things go before a denial can happen..did she visit the COP few days after getting the GC approval? Was fraud in gaining the status..etc

Recent news reported that immigration at port of entry is very strict in reviewing asylees that go back from the COP.

What news? The one came from Singtao somebody posted here? It is run by communist china with negative credibility. I am not saying the story did happen. I am saying I do not give a damn to what is said in this kind of newspapers and media.

Last edited by a moderator: