Back from COP

asylee_boy

Registered Users (C)
Hey friends
I was in my COP for 21days, just got back into LAX without any problems. I hold GC and NP. Believe it or not, it took me less than 10 seconds to clear immigration. The officer swipped my passport and GC, stamped my NP and welcomed me in. I read some posts in this forum regarding this topic and I think its just some people trying to scare others with their home made stories. Nothing has changed, few of my friends also entered at LAX a week ago w/o any problems,they were all at their COP.

Welcome back,and thanks for posting your experience of visiting your COP.as i understand most of us here are not very concerned about reentering the US coming back from COP(especially GC holders).the real concern however is the citizinship IV since you will have to answer to why did you visit your COP,and the possibility that the citizinship application will be denied!

Hey friends
I was in my COP for 21days, just got back into LAX without any problems. I hold GC and NP. Believe it or not, it took me less than 10 seconds to clear immigration. The officer swipped my passport and GC, stamped my NP and welcomed me in. I read some posts in this forum regarding this topic and I think its just some people trying to scare others with their home made stories. Nothing has changed, few of my friends also entered at LAX a week ago w/o any problems,they were all at their COP.

GOOD JOB !

Nycancer,

As you see the password is NP+GC

You know some people might not want to be US Citizen in 5 years, some might want to be a US Citizen in 10 years and some might choose not to be a US citizen at all and remain Green Card Holder.

Well,good point..if one is not planning on becoming a US citizin then it's fine to visit COP as many times as one wishes,but for those of us who want to be citizins it's different.we all wish one day we could go see our families,but at the same time we don't wanna risk our chances of becoming US citizins.

I wish there was a difinite answer to that dilemma!

NYcancer,

You have the answer on the topic but the phobia created over the years in this forum is the problem and issue for you. My advise for you is to follow your heart.

MY GC is valid for 10 years so i have enough time to decide either to be a US Citizen or not and i am sure in about 5 years from now DHS/INS will clear the air about this topic

Same experience here. Entered at LAX on Friday without any problems. I was asked where I went to and what for. I said I visited my family, and then officer stamped my passport and welcomed.

Thanks Lisska, things are clearer now, few people in the forum made it a big deal but it is not at all. You can travel to your COP after PR has been granted.

I also mad it safe... I just get back to 2 days a go JFK air port my GC is AS6 and the officer asked me how was my Vacation and asked me how long I was gone I told him 3 month and he said well came and stamped on my Passport. God knows for future. I haven't see my familly for 15 years and it's worth it.