Back and forth to India for job-PLS help

JoblessGCHolder

Hi , both me and my husband have our GCs for the last few months. I have been desperately looking for a job here for the last 1and 1/2 yrs without success. I have probability of a good job offer in India but dont know what will happen to my GC if I go. My husband and I have an understanding that if I really get the offer, I can work in India for a year or two till the economy gets better here. Right now the job market for my field is very bad and its affecting my mental peace, and everything related to that. My questions are

1) Is it possible to apply for a reentry permit and go to India for 6 months?
2) Is it wise to admit to the officials that I plan to work in India for a yr or two before coming back? My husband has no plans of returning to India (he has been here for almost 8 yrs) and I definitely plan to be with him here in the long run.
3) Can I come back every 6 months for a month or so till I get a reentry permit? For how long can I do this?

Any guidance/suggestions/experience in this regard will be highyl appreciated.

Thanks.

Reentry permit is normally valid for 2 years. And you don't have to wait in the US until it is approved; you only have to be in the US when you apply (including showing up for fingerprinting). So there is no need to bounce back and forth every 6 months.

thanks. but i see that getting a REP takes at least a year. so even if i apply and leave and dont get it by the end of 6 months i might need to come back to the US for a short period of time right?

Yes, you might have to return without it before one year has passed, if it takes too long to get approved.

Do I need to return before a year has passed or before 6 months have passed??
What I understand right now is that if I do not apply for the REP, I will have to return before 6 months, but if I apply (do the fingerprinting n all) and then leave I can stay away for a year. Or is it ....even if I apply and leave and do not get it within 6 months I will need to return by 6 months. Am i correct??

One year is the hard limit without a reentry permit.

But returning within six months is preferable ... once you exceed six months it raises red flags and increases the chances of extra questioning.