Baby Born in the US for Cdn PR parents!???

danix4646

Registered Users (C)
Guys,

Quick question, I am PR in Canada and my wife too and we live in Canada, and my wife is preganant but due to some medical implications, my wife needs to deliver the baby in a specailized hospital in the US, this is what the doctors recommended.

Now, when they baby born in the US,

-he will hold the US citizenship? right?

-How can I come back with the baby to Canada, do I need to apply for PR for him/her?

-Can he/she become a Canadian citizen after three years in Canada? or after we become canadians?

-Can he/she still hold both citizenships? or just one?

Guys,

Quick question, I am PR in Canada and my wife too and we live in Canada, and my wife is preganant but due to some medical implications, my wife needs to deliver the baby in a specailized hospital in the US, this is what the doctors recommended.

Now, when they baby born in the US,

-he will hold the US citizenship? right?

--Correct

-How can I come back with the baby to Canada, do I need to apply for PR for him/her?

--YES

-Can he/she become a Canadian citizen after three years in Canada? or after we become canadians?

-- YES, whenever you become cdns, the baby does not need to fulfill 3 years requirements

-Can he/she still hold both citizenships? or just one?

-- YES

Still confused!

But, how can I enter Canada with the baby? what papers do I need to enter canada? do I need to apply for PR for the baby in the states?

He/she is a baby! lol I don't understand what I should do exactly, because at the border the canadians they will ask for his papers or passport what do I need to show them???

But, how can I enter Canada with the baby? what papers do I need to enter canada? do I need to apply for PR for the baby in the states?

He/she is a baby! lol I don't understand what I should do exactly, because at the border the canadians they will ask for his papers or passport what do I need to show them???

-- Get the birth certificate of the baby as soon as possible, once the baby is born. Also, get the US passport for the baby.

Before you go to the US for the delivery, get the paperwork from the doctor in Canada stating the medical reason for the delivery in the US. This will be useful while entering Canada.

Now, you need to sponsor the baby for the cdn PR status after coming back to Canada. You can enter Canada with the baby's US passport (if not passport, with the birth certificate, but get the passport as far as possible).
Baby - being a US citizen - will not need any cdn visa. Tell the border agents why you needed to go to the US for the baby's delivery and show the letter from the cdn doctor - if required. Tell the imm officers that you will be sponsoring the baby for the PR status very soon.

Your family (with the newborn) will be admitted in Canada after which start the sponsorship procedure immediately.

Thank you bigboy,

Thats great, but do you think they will ask for any papers for the baby? usually when canadian born babies when they cross the border, do they need canadian passport to come back? they will ask for it? I am finding the pasport idea quit funny for a baby...

Thank you bigboy,

Thats great, but do you think they will ask for any papers for the baby? usually when canadian born babies when they cross the border, do they need canadian passport to come back? they will ask for it? I am finding the pasport idea quit funny for a baby...

You might find it funny, but then how will they know the nationality of the baby? Therefore, whenever *any* baby crosses the border, the paperwork - either a passport or the birth certificate - is a MUST. Also, if only one of the parents is carrying the baby, the letter of consent from other parent may be required.

I have this question, we r PR of canada for last three yrs and want to deliver our baby in USA as v r US citizen also( actually v live in US) but sooner v would like to add new born in our canadian immigration case. Is it legal to deliver baby outside canada being canadian immigrant? will there be any objection as to why v did not

I have this question, we r PR of canada for last three yrs and want to deliver our baby in USA as v r US citizen also( actually v live in US) but sooner v would like to add new born in our canadian immigration case. Is it legal to deliver baby outside canada being canadian immigrant? will there be any objection as to why v did not

why would anybody object? That's a personal choice.

Is someone know how to get doctor's recommendation to deliver the baby in US instead of Canada as v r US citizen also and PR in Canada.

Is someone know how to get doctor's recommendation to deliver the baby in US instead of Canada as v r US citizen also and PR in Canada.

Unless there is a medical reason, no (sane) doctor will "recommend" you a place to deliver the baby.