BABA YAGA MORE OR LESS SIGNING OFF! PP stamped today

vasu28

If your wife is not having DL and if you are concern about the address,just chnage it or get your state-iDs which will server the purpose.DMV will issue state-IDs within an hour.So better apply.Just take I-94 and passport. That\'s it.Good luck.

No Title

After Applying for 485, I went to another state(contractor) got DL there. I didnt change the address(in 485 db) as this new address also may not last for long time. During FP, I flew and did the FP and they didnt ask for DL. I showed EAD card as ID. I didnt yet get AP Notice. In case if address on DL matters, I have to go all the to that state and should get the DL. What do you guys suggest? Baba, you also please try to answer as you must be knowing whether they are concerned about the address or only the photo on ID? Thnks a lot.

I am not sure what exactly they are looking for. The ID check

is to determine whether you are who you say you are. I donot think the address matters as much. However if they ask you that, then you should be ready to explain as you did above. First thing, I gave them my original approval notices, which does not have my address. It only has the lawyer\'s address. Second they did not confirm that I lived, where I lived. All they check is that the bearer of the 485 approval notices is the correct person. That is why they ask for Photo ID.
If they are concerned then tell them that you are employed in the state where the 485 shows the address, but work in a different state for some time. Since it was a consulting assignment you did not change the address. DONOT get unecessarily worried. They will just check your ID. Cross the bridge when you come to it.

No Title

Thanks a lot Baba. Your explanation cleared my doubt. Thanks a lot and have Nice day.

Will they accept Courtesy Copy of I 485 Approval Notice or want the original addresed to the lawyer

Can somebody please address my above query.

No Title

What kind of photos are required for passport stamping, side faced or straight faced. Please reply.
Thanks

My experience with stamping at Newark

It was very simple, no Questions asked.

Although the Approval Notice asks you to bring the following :
1. Arrival/Departure Record
2. I-94
3. Two ADIT (side faced showing right ear) Photos
4. Approval Notice (Courtesy Copy was accepted without any Questions)
5. Passport

Pls. remember you also have to return back to them the following :
1. EAD Card
2. Advance Parole

You also need
1.Drivers Licence (for 2nd ID - after verifying they return it back to you)

so do take them along.

We reached INS Newark at around 7.45 and more than 80 people were already in line. So go early.
You have to get into the line at the rear of the building.(Dont go to the entrance at the side of the Q, that is for appointments only.)
The first batch consists of 100 people and after security check you get a Priority Q no on a slip. Don\'t go without it ahead.

IMPORTANT
Some folks did not get the slip because the security lady who was giving it went somewhere for a little while and in the process these persons, who did not know, went ahead into the foyer without slips. They came back only to be told to go around the building and stand in the next batch. There was a little confusion and the security lady apologised as it was her fault and gave them the slips eventually.

Then you go to :
INS Information Unit , 10th floor , Room no.1022 (use 2nd set of Elevators)

Stamping is a 2 stage process
1. Your no. gets called at one set of Windows. They check & take all your documents, help you affix your signature & index fingerprint on a form and finally attach/staple the envelope(which has your documents)to the form and give the whole set back to you.

Then you go back to your seat and wait for your tun again.

2. Then after a while they call your number to go to another set of windows and that is where you hand over the whole bunch of documents & have your passport stamped. They tell you your Green Card will come in the mail in 9 to 12 months (actually it comes in 3 months)

Next , you are welcomed the UNITED STATES.

We came out at 10.40 am

Please accept this as my contribution to this board.