" BAADSHAH I-485 APPROVED (EB3-IND) "

DECCAN EXPRESS

Registered Users (C)
Finally our I-485 approved on Nov 3rd. Me and my wife received approval letters on Saturday.
The much awaiting EB3 case is approved in the retrogression. Yes, you read it correctly.
I-485 filed at VSC under EB3 category.
The entire process took over 6 years. LC and I-140 Approved in 2000

Letter says "Please be advised that your have been granted permanent resident alien status as of above date. You are being processed for an alien registration card which will be mailed to you within the next 6 to 12 months".

Me and my wife had our interview this week at local office in NY.
Officer noticed that the case was pending for so long and discussed about Visa # availability.
We exhausted in the GC processing delay, but kept ourselves cool during the interview.
The case had faced many TWISTS AND TURNS like AC21/AR-11/RFE for EVL & Taxes/Case Transfer/Salary 30% more of LC in current job.

We saw many people getting approval who filed after us. Also watched PD going forward/Backward. But no hard feelings.
This forum helped me a lot during the entire process. Thanks to Rajeev.
My sincere thanks to seniors in the forum (2001-2002)
Some of them...bobxu, tangonta, Jim Mills, waytoolong, prasa, vijayrc, pingpong02, TheRealCanadian.. etc.

My advice: Folks! Just don't give up; your turn is not far away.

I will be visiting this site periodically and answer your questions you may have.

BAADSHAH

BAADSHAH said:
Finally our I-485 approved on Nov 3rd. Me and my wife received approval letters on Saturday.
The much awaiting EB3 case is approved in the retrogression. Yes, you read it correctly.

Letter says "Please be advised that your have been granted permanent resident alien status as of above date. You are being processed for an alien registration card which will be mailed to you within the next 6 to 12 months".

Officer noticed that the case was pending for so long and discussed about Visa # availability.
We exhausted in the GC processing delay, but kept ourselves cool during the interview.
The case had faced many TWISTS AND TURNS like AC21/AR-11/RFE for EVL & Taxes/Case Transfer/Salary 30% more of LC in current job.

We saw many people getting approval who filed after us. Also watched PD going forward/Backward. But no hard feelings.
Some of them...bobxu, tangonta, Jim Mills, waytoolong, prasa, vijayrc, pingpong02, TheRealCanadian.. etc.

I will be visiting this site periodically and answer your questions you may have.

BAADSHAH
Congratulation. You deserve this since PD year is 2000. This shows us some light when a PD year 2000 case is approved. Looks like PD moved from 1998 to 2000 though not published.

Congratulations Baadshah!!! Finally you are free.
Did officer write anything in the passport ? Any note or stamp ?
When was your interview and which office ?
Did you receive letter from VSC or local office ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Best Wishes

Baadshah,
Congratulations!
It is good news for all of us also that PD will be moving in next months journal. Can you tell us about your Nationality?
Thanks

may I ask whether they will still wait until visa # available before mailing you card

This is really good news indeed but they said that they were mailing you a card 6 to 12 months. This seems awfully long compared to other people's time to receive the card.

BAADSHAH said:

BAADSHAH

"Salary 30% more of LC in current job."

Can you please elaborate on that a bit? Does the above mean that a higher salary after AC21 caused you problems?
much thanks.

Congratulations

Hearty Congratulations on your approval!!! A long journey finally comes to a happy ending...

gurus, does that mean USCIS is approving applications that are post 1998 for EB3 or are these approvals mostly only for folks whose cases have gone to local USCIS service offices

My PD is Feb 2000

Wow.. Congrats!!! My PD is Feb 2000. but my I-485 RD is Jan 2005 because of changing back and forth between Consular by applying I-824 and then back to I-485.

But am happy seeing a guy getting an approval who is in the same PD period.
Hope something happes soon to me as well as everybody.

PD - Feb'2000
I140 - Dec'2001
RD of I-485 - Jan'2005 :eek:

Baadshah

baadshah, You said you got RFE for Salary 30% more of LC in current. Is it a problem if we have more salary then the Labor Approval.
I changed my employer and my current salary is almost 80% greater then the LC. will it be a problem for me?

wasapproved said:
baadshah, You said you got RFE for Salary 30% more of LC in current. Is it a problem if we have more salary then the Labor Approval.

I changed my employer and my current salary is almost 80% greater then the LC. will it be a problem for me?

I got RFE only for EVL & tax returns. Salary was not the issue in our case. I think in your case, seek advice from your lawyer.

Congrats Man!!!

After Keeping Cool All This Years You Really Deserve That Green Card...enjoy It!!!

commander said:
Badshah,
I'll presume that are not from India, where Visa date is Jan 98.
I think he is from India. This is what the heading of the thread he created says
"BAADSHAH I-485 APPROVED (EB3-IND) "
--Naveen Oshos

Congratulations Badshah .

Patience Finally Pays . All The Best For The Rest Of Us Waiting In Line.

CONGRATULATIONS BAADSHAH :)

Patience finally pays.

All the best for the rest of us waiting in line

Your PD correct?

BAADSHAH said:

BAADSHAH

Hi Baadshah,

You said your LC was approved in 2000, and then you list your PD as 2000. I was under the impression that the PD is when the labor is applied at SESA, not your labor approval date. So when did you apply for your LC? If you applied for it maybe a year or two before 2000, then that will be your PD, not 2000.
Folks, correct me please if I am wrong.

correct also pd is on the approved 140

we like to hear that news, yet there are folks in forum before 04/2000
justanovice said:
Hi Baadshah,

You said your LC was approved in 2000, and then you list your PD as 2000. I was under the impression that the PD is when the labor is applied at SESA, not your labor approval date. So when did you apply for your LC? If you applied for it maybe a year or two before 2000, then that will be your PD, not 2000.
Folks, correct me please if I am wrong.

Rupnet 485 Tracker

I googled BAADSHAH and found his name in RUPNET.com.

RUPNET 485 Tracker

I see many EB3 approvals. This might be prior to retrogression. Also created a xls file with these folks details.