B2 Visa Rejected Lone Son

rnakhan

Hi, I gleaned through the posts but could not find a similar situation I am in. I am on H1 and trying to get my parents to visit me for 3-4 months. They went on the schedule appointment but though they had all the relevant papers were rejected on the grounds that I am their only son (with no sisters) . They are planning to retry but since I continue to be their only child (sic). Is the outcome going to be any different this time.
My parents have enough assets in India, my mother is a retired govt. employee with pension and all that and my father has enough of farming property to show. Besides my grandparents live with my parents and are my grandparents are dependent on my parents.
Can someone please help to tell me what can (if anything) be done in this case.
Does it essentially mean that somebody having just one child cannot travel to US?
Thanks in advance

Ginnu / Moderator / Rajiv Khanna - Pls help...

Hi rnakhan,
Iam exactly in the same situation as u r... 214(b) (Chennai Consulate) - for my mom(widow) - has properties on her name & also has Bro & sis!!!

Does it mean that Only child is a sin !!! Oh my !!

I really don't know where to go from here... Iam kinda struck..

I'd appreciate if ne body can help, as we r expecting a baby this october. Even my spouse is only child in her family!!!!

PS: Ginnu / Moderator / Rajiv Khanna we wud appreciate ur feedback on this.

Thanks,
Immidude74

rnakhan said:
Hi, I gleaned through the posts but could not find a similar situation I am in. I am on H1 and trying to get my parents to visit me for 3-4 months. They went on the schedule appointment but though they had all the relevant papers were rejected on the grounds that I am their only son (with no sisters) . They are planning to retry but since I continue to be their only child (sic). Is the outcome going to be any different this time.
My parents have enough assets in India, my mother is a retired govt. employee with pension and all that and my father has enough of farming property to show. Besides my grandparents live with my parents and are my grandparents are dependent on my parents.
Can someone please help to tell me what can (if anything) be done in this case.
Does it essentially mean that somebody having just one child cannot travel to US?
Thanks in advance

Hi Immidude,
Thank God I am not the only one like this!
We are certainly in a unique position as we have not received any other posts on this thread so far.
Rajiv please advice on this issue. We are really feeling very miserable about all this.

Mine is little bit different.

rnakhan,
Mine is similar to you. My mom applied for visitor visa almost 3 years back (Jul 2001) and she was rejected first time saying "You do not have sufficient papers". Second time she was rejected saying "I am the only son and she will come to US and will not return to India". Though, I have two sisters but this does not matter.

Let me know the result.

rnakhan said:
Hi Immidude,
Thank God I am not the only one like this!
We are certainly in a unique position as we have not received any other posts on this thread so far.
Rajiv please advice on this issue. We are really feeling very miserable about all this.

I am in the same situation.

Can we file a lawsuit or something for this discrimination?

Also there are thousands of other cases where lone child parents got visa.

hi
even i am in the similar situation.i am the only child for my parents.
my parents are going for the visa appointment.
so how to handle the situation?
please anybody help me.

Do you know whether they have track of how many people in your family are in the united states??? My parents went for a visitors visa last week and they rejected saying that you won't come back as all the 3 kids are in usa. It was my parents mistake that they said all three of us are here. I guess they will write down now and we can't lie next time that one is in india right???

I had a better experience in case of my mother, a widow. I am the only son. She first got a visa in 1998 without any problems. She subsequently got her second visa (this time a 10 years multiple entry visa) without any problem in 2002. I was in H1 both times.