B2 Visa Questions

Vishnu2003

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,
I am planning to bring my In-laws on a B2 Visa.

1) My Father-InLaw age is 61. Mother-inlaw is below 60. Do they both have to appear for a Visa Interview ?

2) Does any one know when he would get an appoinment(chennai consulate) if he applies for a Visa Appoinment now ?

3) At the port of entry will the officer check for the valid tickets booked to the destination city. The reason i am asking this is because if i plan it like my Inlaw's visit his son first and later visit my(sponsor) place, would this be okay?

Thanks in advance.
-Vishnu

Vishnu2003 said:
Hi All,
I am planning to bring my In-laws on a B2 Visa.

1) My Father-InLaw age is 61. Mother-inlaw is below 60. Do they both have to appear for a Visa Interview ?

--- Well with new biometric requirements everyone has to appear for interviews, the dropbox is gone. Please visit the consulate website for relevant information.

2) Does any one know when he would get an appoinment(chennai consulate) if he applies for a Visa Appoinment now ?

---looks like the dates stretch far in future at the moment... so any time end Oct or Nov

3) At the port of entry will the officer check for the valid tickets booked to the destination city. The reason i am asking this is because if i plan it like my Inlaw's visit his son first and later visit my(sponsor) place, would this be okay?

---- at POE it does not matter where they are headed.

Thanks in advance.
-Vishnu

In Chennai, the current dates are in the middle of September for apointments. It used to be october/nov some time back, but looks like lot of people cancelled their apointments

There is "Check Appoinment Availability" section in "www.ttsvisas.com" with which you can check time frame on when you can get an appointment.
Looks like if the applicants can speak english then availabilty is mid of
september otherwise it kind of pushes out to november.

Thanks,
Vishnu