B2 visa question on supporting documents

rinakali

Hi,
My father-in-law is planning to visit us and I need to send supporting documents for B2 visa. Can someone tell me if it is ok to remove the SSN# from tax return documents and bank account# from statements before sending the documents? And do we have to send the tax returns? And how many years of returns?

Thanks much in advance

SusieQQQ is correct.

US consulates in India do not ask for any documents. No supp docs, no i-134 affidavits of support, no bank stmts, no tax returns, no w2s, none.
India B2 applicants tend to carry a stack, but COs ask for nothing besides a passport at what is usually a short interactive conversation at a window.

Thanks. I should rephrase my questions as supporting docs included with i-134.
Let me refer you to the official US Dept of State page for B visas. There are rare instances when embassies actually ask for something, but mostly they don’t even look at what people bring.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/tourism-visit/visitor.html
Note: Visa applicants must qualify on the basis of the applicant's residence and ties abroad, rather than assurances from U.S. family and friends. A letter of invitation or Affidavit of Support is not needed to apply for a visitor visa. If you choose to bring a letter of invitation or Affidavit of Support to your interview, please remember it is not one of the factors used in determining whether to issue or deny the visa.

SusieQQQ is correct.

US consulates in India do not ask for any documents. No supp docs, no i-134 affidavits of support, no bank stmts, no tax returns, no w2s, none.
India B2 applicants tend to carry a stack, but COs ask for nothing besides a passport at what is usually a short interactive conversation at a window.

Thank you for clarifying. My FIL is eligible for interview waiver, hence we are trying to figure out if we need to send the docs along with his passport for submission.

For interview waiver no supporting docs are needed. Only the following:
DS-160 confirmation
Interview waiver confirmation letter which includes payment receipt #
All passports, especially the one containing old visa, if any
Photograph

You actually dont send the passport/documents anywhere. You take it to an ASC (app support center) where they will check the docs listed above and take them.

Last edited: