B2 visa overstay, impact on I485 status?

gang liu

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
  I filed my I485 in 12/7/2002, and finished Finger Print on 4/25/2002.
  I have a new baby and need my parents to take care of, and I want to extend my parents B2 visa (they are already here). I am considering the worst case, if the extension is denied and I still want my parents to remain taking care of my baby(I know the consequence for them: they will never come to US again, they are old and probably never will), is there any impact on my 485 case towards Green Card.?
  Thanks.

You don\'t want to take that risk. There may be some clause for aiding and abetting an overstayer.

Apply for an extension and hope for the best. It takes 3 months for them to even process an extension. Good luck.

Please don\'t take risk as after 911 the INS is very strict and if they found out ....

they will deport your parents and also you may ( God Forbid) lose your GC. Check latest guidelines on INS site about 30 days notice to appear if your overstay. I don\'t mean to scare you, but think twice.

No Title

You should apply for extension. Once you get the receipt for extension application, your parents can stay with you till the time some action has been taken on extension case(approved or rejected).They usually take around 3-4 months to take an action...

Hope this helps!