B2 Visa - Interview Date

485nj

Registered Users (C)
I got DD from HDFC bank for visa apointment@Chennai. When I visted VFS website to schedule appointment, I get message "Interview Dates are not available".

What does it mean? When should I try?

Latest consulate appointment date at Chennai for visitor's visa

The VFS website gives a "No Dates Available" message without giving any information as to what dates are the appointments booked and what is the earliest available date for visitor's visa appointment at the Chennai consulate.

Is it 3 months, 4 months, 6 months???

Anyone who has been able to schedule an appointment at Chennai in the last one week, could you please post the date that you have been able to get?

This would give us an idea of the earliest available dates.

Thanks,

chennai VFS

this new system really bad,
yesturday on 10th Nov, it showed me 10th March2006 as available date.

again today since morning, its showing "No available dates" don't know thats a message or error ?

is there any workaround for this ?

Visa appointment

I am getting "visa dates not available" when I tried to get appointment in Kannada Language since my in-laws does not know english. This is happening from one month. What to do? We are expecting now. Please give some suggestion.

Interview in Kannada

Hi, I was trying to take a visitor visa appointment in KANNADA for my parents at Chennai consulate. It says "Interview Dates are not available". Please help me what should I do or whom should I contact for this matter? Thanks a lot for your help in advance. You can also email me your reply at iam_sowmya@yahoo.com. I will be looking forward to hear from you soon. Thanks again. Sowmya

Appointment succesful

Guys,

Thought should share my experience with the VFS website. I was trying to book at appointment for my parent visitors visa at Chennai. On July 21st, when I checked the 'earliest available date' and chose Chennai from the drop down, I was able to see the calendar for Chennai listed with dates open starting Aug8th to 12th. Unfortunately, I couldn't book on that day, as the Visa fees was not paid by then. Subsequently, the next Monday (July 25th) when I attempted to book the dates, I did not see the option of Chennai itself. I kept on checking the availability day and night since then and finally found them today morning (July 29th). The dates were available for 2nd week and 3rd of August and I've booked one of the dates successfully!

If you were interested, the reply obtained from VFS, for my email inquiry was:

"Please note the allocation of the interview appointments on VFS website is the sole discretion of the Embassy / Consulate.

The Consulate regularly reviews and allocates seats for different visa categories based on the requirement and availability of resources. If at any point of time you are not able to view a seat allocation as required, you are requested to check the website for the earliest available date.

We would like to inform you that the interview appointment dates are being released by the U.S. Consulate on a regular basis and same keeps constantly fluctuating depending on the appointment booking done by the applicants online. Hence, you are requested to keep checking the website regularly to view the appointments available and book them as and when they are released.

Kindly click on the link Earliest Available Interview date to view for an estimate of current availability of visa interview appointment

Note:- Each and Every applicant need to schedule their visa appointment through VFS website and there is no any other procedure expect the online."