B2 Visa Extension Documents List Please!!!

Fed up

Registered Users (C)
Dear Friends,

My name is Baskar. My mother got a six month entry and it is expiring on August 28th,2003.

I would like to extend her stay by another six months. She has a 10 year multiple entry visa.

I have not done this before.Hence I kindly request you to please let me know what are the documents I need to enclose, any instructions for getting the six month extension, letter format, applicable fees, the correct form of payment, etc.,

Should I enclose a copy of her passport, extended ticket, original ( or ) copy of I-94, what address I need to send the application with enclosures?

I will be grateful if you please spare a few minutes to explain me these steps.

Is there any website that I can look into for these details?

Thanks much for your help in advaance.

With Kind Regards,

Baskar

Baskar,

you need to fill out the BCIS form I-539. You can download the form from their website at

http://www.bcis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/index.htm

The forms has the instructions on it, it tells you exactly what to submit. One word of caution, the form asks you to submit the original I-94. However, BCIS now accepts a photocopy of it (copy both sides), do not send in the original.

Hope this helps.

Eszter

Thanks much

Thank you very much Eszter and Shim4848..

That was so kind of you..

Regards,

Baskar

Parents have visitor visa 2mo left,

HI,
My friend's parents have visitor's visa from prev travel They had to cut short their visit due to family emergency- Visa is still valid till nov 2003. They want to come back and stay for a total of 4months. They don't have 10yr multiple. Just have 6mo visa stamp.
Question) can they come back to utilize those 2mo?
Q)if they want to stay of another 2 mo, can they apply for extension?

OR

SHOULD they be applying for a fresh 6mo tenure visa and then come here?

ANY helpful info regarding this matter is greatly appreciated.
thanks

I think you can

Hi,

Is that a multiple entry visa? If so, they can enter before Nov 2003 and request 4 month stay at the port of entry.

They need not extend their visa also because the I-94 will show validity till, say Jan 2004.

Baskar