B2 Visa appointment !!

Josh818

Registered Users (C)
Hello all,

I'm trying to bring my mom on B2 visa in March'05. I have reserved appointment for the interview on Feb28th at chennai consulate using her current passport which will expire in May' 05 (not valid for next 6months).

We have applied for the new passport and will get the new one only on Dec 20th.

I'm wondering if it is ok to make appointment using the old passport details as she would present both old and new passport to the visa officer during interview.

Or Do I have to cancel this one and fix up another appointment. Presently, it would take 3 months to get an appointment.

Any advice? Also, any advice in general for B2 visa interview?

Many thanks,

Josh

Josh818 said:
Hello all,

I'm trying to bring my mom on B2 visa in March'05. I have reserved appointment for the interview on Feb28th at chennai consulate using her current passport which will expire in May' 05 (not valid for next 6months).

We have applied for the new passport and will get the new one only on Dec 20th.

I'm wondering if it is ok to make appointment using the old passport details as she would present both old and new passport to the visa officer during interview.

Or Do I have to cancel this one and fix up another appointment. Presently, it would take 3 months to get an appointment.

Any advice? Also, any advice in general for B2 visa interview?

Many thanks,

Josh

It should be OK. She just needs to carry both the passports.

By the way, I have also taken an appointment for my In-Laws on the same
date at Chennai.

Raju

Thanks Raju!.
I just got an email reply from Chennai consulate confirming your statement. She can attend the interview on the scheduled date with both passports.

BTW, all the best for the interview.

best,

Josh

Hi Raju,

Do you know if I need to send one set of interview documents to Chennai consulate prior to the interview? If so, which ones?

Also, Is it better to submit the DS156 form online or take it along with other documents in person?

Many thanks

Josh