B2 Visa Application Approved

KAT02

Registered Users (C)
Hi All

My parents got B2 (Visitor) Visa from US Consulate, Mumbai. Both applied through Visa Facilitation Services last Wednesday and were not required to appear for a personal interview. This was their first application for any type of US Visa.

I had sent notorized Form I-134 (Affidavit of Support for both of them), copies of pay-stubs for last four months, employment verification letter, letter from my bank detailing account information, copies of bank statements for last year, copy of my entire passport and copies of (I-797, I-129 , and I-94) .

Hope this is helpful for all of you in need of this information.

Take Care.

KAT02.

Hi

If your parents(any one) is/are above 60+ they qualify for a dropbox. The dropbox procedure is very simply. All you have to do is submit the required documents along with visa application DS-156 form & two Demand Drafts.

My parents, in-laws got a visitor visa recently through dropbox Pune. Here are the details how it was at Pune.

At the drop application center it is not required for one to be present personally, your representative can also submit the documents on your behalf. My brother who is India submitted the documents for my parents & in-laws.

The person at the counter looks at the documents you have submitted. He/she will check the documents and will keep only the required documents with them. Documents which are not required are returned back to you. Original Birth Certificate of the child is required otherwise they will not accept the application

The person at the counter will then put the center's stamp on the photocopy of the first page of each applicant's passport. This photocopy has to be shown to the bluedart person who delivers the passport. Without this photocopy the bluedart person will not hand you the passport.

The whole process does not take more than 20 min if the documents your submitted are correct. It takes approx 3-4 working days to get the visa.

The person at the counter did not ask any questions.
Hope this helps.

KAT01,
Could you tell us what documents did your parents take from their side? specifically for the binding ties? Is your father working?

What was the stamped duration?

Hi...Could you let me know the validity of B-2 Visa??
was it issued for 10 yrs?

I am also on a H1b.
What is the step by step procedure and docs needed for sponsoring Parents on Tourist vis.

I would appreciate ur reply.

Thanks,
RK1971

Parents Visa approved - Chennai Consulate

My parents visa was approved from Chennai Consulate. They went for an Interview. These were the questions asked.

1. Who lives in the US
2. How long has your daughter been there
3. Which part of CA does she live
4. Which department did you retire from
5. How much pension do you receive
6. How many children do you have
7. Do you own the place in HYD
8. Does anybody else live with you

They were then asked to pay the fees.
The whole process was over in 2 hrs. It was smooth.

They recieved their PPs the next day. They got it for 10 Years

Hope this helps

Last edited by a moderator:
Documents to be sent

These were the documents I sent

1. Passport copies of mine and my husbands( all pages)
2. Affidavit of Support I – 134 ( I was the primary sponsor)
3. Paystubs of mine for 3 months
4. Paystubs of my husbands for 3 months ( optional )
5. Employment Letter stating Job title, Start Date, Salary and Location for me.
6. Employment Letter stating Job title, Start Date, Salary and Location of my husband (optional)
7. Bank Statement. They send it if you ask them that it is for INS. It states the date the a/c was opened with 3 months avaerage balance (Savings and Checking)
8. Tax returns for 2 years
9. A formal letter to the Consulate requesting them to issue visa for my parents which has the list of all the documents attached.
10. An informal handwritten letter to my parents past dated inviting them to the US to visit and see places
11. Made sure that all the savings on the Affidavit had supporting statements.
12. A Company Brochure ( optional )

My father carried these documents

1. Passports along with the application forms
2. Covering Letter with a list of all the documents attached
3. Property papers
4. Income Tax returns
5. Pension Papers
6. Bank statements
7. Proof of children in India

How long it takes for getting appt.

Hello Sudhashankar,
I am planning to send documents to my Mom to get visa at chennai consulate. Did your parents fix an appointment online and then went or did they do the drop box ( and went for the interview). How long does it take to get an appointment date for english/ tamil interviews.

Thanks,
Aravind

Apptmt

Aravind..they booked the apptmt online through the TTS website. I think when they booked there were dates available 2-3 weeks ahead for English. I am not sure about Tamil. Or the other option they can directly go to TTS and book the apptmt too. They dont need to submit anything at TTS if going for an Interview. They just need to give the PP numbers for the apptmt. They need to carry everything personally for the interview.

To sudhashankar

How did you show proof of children in India? What type of evidence did you provide.

Thanks
mdu123

Proof of children

My sister works for a bank. My father took a copy of her ID that she is in India working for a Bank.

SS

Question on B2 visa

hi,

congratulations to u and your parents on securing the B2 visa. My parents are applying for the same in June. I had a question however that probably you can answer. My only sister is married on a dependent visa in US and I was wondering if my parents are asked about my sister should they mention abt her being in US or shold they say something else since I am afraid it probably might hamper their chances of getting the visa. Do you know of anyone or you who has been through this experience and can give me a reply.

Thanks. Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,
Ganesh Subbaraman

ganesh268 said:
hi,

congratulations to u and your parents on securing the B2 visa. My parents are applying for the same in June. I had a question however that probably you can answer. My only sister is married on a dependent visa in US and I was wondering if my parents are asked about my sister should they mention abt her being in US or shold they say something else since I am afraid it probably might hamper their chances of getting the visa. Do you know of anyone or you who has been through this experience and can give me a reply.

Thanks. Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,
Ganesh Subbaraman

Tell the truth because if they find out later it would be a big problem. Also its an advantage because when they arrive and are asked how long they want to stay they can always say that they want to visit their son and daughter and ask for full 6 months. My mom and dad did that for the last 3 times they visited and were happily given 6 months on I-94.

All the best.

urgent help

Hi all,

I have some questions regarding application for visitors visa for my parents. currently i'm here on a h-4 visa. I would like to know about the documents to be submitted from my part even though my husband will be sponsering their visit.. Should I include a letter or something inviting them or my husband should do it?

Also while going thru teh mumbai website for the online application, it states that once the interim appointment is recd then within 12 days we should submit all other documents along with the draft thru blue dart services. The 12 days is from the date we make an appointment say tommorrow or before 12 days from teh date of the interim appointment?? I have some confusion with the wordings in the website.

KINDLY ADVICE..

Thanks in advance..

Swapna.