B2 Visa Application Approved

DS-156 form- urgent

hi all,

regarding the DS-156 form, i would like to know whether we can download the form & fill it manually? if we fill the form online & then take the printout, is there any specific papersize that it should be printed?

kindly advice.

thanks in advance.

swapna.

Hello KAT. You said something about "Visa Facilitation Services" that your parents used and not having to attend interview. What is that? Is that the same as dropbox?

DS-156 online or paper filling?

mvatx said:
hi all,

regarding the DS-156 form, i would like to know whether we can download the form & fill it manually? if we fill the form online & then take the printout, is there any specific papersize that it should be printed?

kindly advice.

thanks in advance.

swapna.

I had the same question last week, and found that Chennai consulate is now recommending only online filled-in forms. The consulate informed the IT companies in Bangalore about this and I got this as an email circular in my company. Hence, fill-up online, take a print-out & sign on it.

The .pdf file actually had an expiration date of July 31st, 2005 on it. So, that is no longer valid.

Hi,
I am planning to invite my parents to US. I have couple of questions about the I-134 affidavit of support.
1) Do I need to send a separate affidavit of support for each of my parents.
2) Do I need to specify exact amount present in my account or approximate is good enough. For e.g if I have $10188.93 in my account can I just specify 10,000.00
Thanks

Hi,
I am planning to invite my parents to US. I have couple of questions about the I-134 affidavit of support.
1) Do I need to send a separate affidavit of support for each of my parents.
2) Do I need to specify exact amount present in my account or approximate is good enough. For e.g if I have $10188.93 in my account can I just specify 10,000.00
Thanks

Answers to some qns

Most answers can be found by reading this..
http://www.path2usa.com/immigration/visitorvisa/visitor_visa.htm

DS 156 form should be filled online if u are taking appts online. In this case u have to take printout of the same after scheduling appt. print it back to back on same paper (A4 size)

U can goto any local VFS center and schedule appt there in india. In that case u fill the form manually.

I134- u need ONLY ONE for both mom and dad.
For the bank amount, u have to get a letter from bank ( bank verification letter). U can round up the amount- no problem.

Link to VFS site : http://www.vfs-usa.co.in/

More qns? --> send me an email.

dahlia said:
Most answers can be found by reading this..
http://www.path2usa.com/immigration/visitorvisa/visitor_visa.htm

DS 156 form should be filled online if u are taking appts online. In this case u have to take printout of the same after scheduling appt. print it back to back on same paper (A4 size)

U can goto any local VFS center and schedule appt there in india. In that case u fill the form manually.

I134- u need ONLY ONE for both mom and dad.
For the bank amount, u have to get a letter from bank ( bank verification letter). U can round up the amount- no problem.

Link to VFS site : http://www.vfs-usa.co.in/

More qns? --> send me an email.

Hi Dahlia
Thanks for your updates. That was helpful and appreciate your time.

I am trying to book an appointment. However, could you help me understand if we can book an appointment now, but fill out the DS-156, 157 after a week or so? In other words, is everything cast on stone once you confirm a
particular date or can we go an update the DS-156 and online forms if we need to?

Thanks and advance for your time and have a good one,
-V!!

From Oct. 3, 2005, appts are made through VFS. U have to pay the Appln fee first at the HDFC bank and use that receipt number to schedule appts online. U have to Fill DS 156/DS 157 at this time. MAke sure u have all info of the applicant before u do this. Getting dates is the real issue now a days. U have to keep on checking the dates all the time especially if u are looking for languages other than English.

Once u fill the forms it will be saved on the VFS site for a month. U can modify most of the info on these forms during that 1 month period. HOWEVER, pls note that parents names, DOB, passport details ETC.. CAN'T be modified. SO MAKE SURE FILL THESE FIELDS CORRECT DURING FIRST TIME ITSELF.

Hope this answers ur qn.

SO, get the HDFC receipt by paying fees now and start look for dates. The receipt is valid for 1 yr from date of issue.

dahlia said:
From Oct. 3, 2005, appts are made through VFS. U have to pay the Appln fee first at the HDFC bank and use that receipt number to schedule appts online. U have to Fill DS 156/DS 157 at this time. MAke sure u have all info of the applicant before u do this. Getting dates is the real issue now a days. U have to keep on checking the dates all the time especially if u are looking for languages other than English.

Once u fill the forms it will be saved on the VFS site for a month. U can modify most of the info on these forms during that 1 month period. HOWEVER, pls note that parents names, DOB, passport details ETC.. CAN'T be modified. SO MAKE SURE FILL THESE FIELDS CORRECT DURING FIRST TIME ITSELF.

Hope this answers ur qn.

SO, get the HDFC receipt by paying fees now and start look for dates. The receipt is valid for 1 yr from date of issue.

Hi Dahlia,
Thanks for the quick feedback. Appreciate your time. At this time, I have the DD and receipt numbers. I was concerned more about the itinerary details, which I don't have with me (It is like a catch-22 to get an itinerary for April-2006 when the VISA is not ready :( ..)

If the DS-156 is NOT tightly coupled with the appointment dates, then I wanted to create an appointment now and fill in the pending details in a week or two.

Some of the fields are restricted to shorter lengths and I am unable to fill the full information. I was unable to select the year of schooling (SSLC) for my dad as he completed his SSLC in 1947. The online form only lets me select until 1950. I have sent an email to the support id. I might as well call them tomorrow.

Thanks and have a good one,
V!!

U have to fill the forms to get an appt date. For the itinerary, u don't have to specify the exact dates. U can just say, for example, May 2006 as the date of arrival here. If the officer asks, u can say that if the VISA is approved, I will arrange my travel.

Its true that some fields of the form don't take lenghty names. Fill in as much as u can. Also do this: Take a printout of the forms (empty form printed back to back on single sheet) and hand write all info and keep that also with you when go for interview. In that way, if they ask, they can show this. There is nothing wrong in doing so.

If I were u, I will just select the year as 1950. We really don't need DS 157 if the person is above 60. (or 55?). But when we do online, we have to fill DS 157. I don't think anybody will verify whether ur father studied in 1950 or not...

Hi All

My parents got B2 (Visitor) Visa from US Consulate, Mumbai. Both applied through Visa Facilitation Services last Wednesday and were not required to appear for a personal interview. This was their first application for any type of US Visa.

I had sent notorized Form I-134 (Affidavit of Support for both of them), copies of pay-stubs for last four months, employment verification letter, letter from my bank detailing account information, copies of bank statements for last year, copy of my entire passport and copies of (I-797, I-129 , and I-94) .

Hope this is helpful for all of you in need of this information.

Take Care.

KAT02.

Thank you very much my friend. This information that you share to us is nice and this will help others like me.
And congrats for getting your visa.

Immigration

A B visa is one of a category of visas issued by the United States government to foreign citizens seeking entry for a temporary period. The two types of B visa are the B-1 visa, issued to those seeking entry for business purposes, and the B-2 visa, issued to those seeking entry for tourism or other non-business purposes. In practice, the two visa categories are usually combined together and issued as a "B1/B2 visa" valid for a temporary visit for either business or pleasure, or a combination of the two.

The person at the counter looks at the documents you have submitted. He/she will check the documents and will keep only the required documents with them. Documents which are not required are returned back to you. Original Birth Certificate of the child is required otherwise they will not accept the application

Hi, please on my Ds-160 form for my B2 visa, I stated to spend 3 months, if my invitee write 3 weeks in the invitation letter, will that have an effect on me for rejection?

Hi, please on my Ds-160 form for my B2 visa, I stated to spend 3 months, if my invitee write 3 weeks in the invitation letter, will that have an effect on me for rejection?
You should start your own thread, this particular one is a zombie thread