B2 Visa and then K1 Visa

btsxml

Registered Users (C)
This is my situation - please advise.

I am a US citizen. I met a girl a few months ago, we have been dating since. She is from India on a B2 (10 yr multiple visits - of which 2 months remaining). I have proposed to her. Now here begins my dilemma...

Option #1
We get married, and then apply for I485.

Option #2
We get engaged here in US, I file for K1 visa, Upon approval, she returns to India and attends the K1 visa interview and returns to US on a K1. Then we apply I485 for her.

Please advise if any other alternative.

Since she presumably met you for the first time after she arrived in the US 4 months ago, she didn't have a preconceived intent to immigrate. So option #1 shouldn't be any more of a problem than #2.

This is my situation - please advise.

I am a US citizen. I met a girl a few months ago, we have been dating since. She is from India on a B2 (10 yr multiple visits - of which 2 months remaining). I have proposed to her. Now here begins my dilemma...

Option #1
We get married, and then apply for I485.

Option #2
We get engaged here in US, I file for K1 visa, Upon approval, she returns to India and attends the K1 visa interview and returns to US on a K1. Then we apply I485 for her.

Please advise if any other alternative.

#1 is also less expensive and "relatively" quicker. Both would result in conditional status for her.