B2 Cohabitation Partner

Nexus

Registered Users (C)
I am in the US on an A-2 visa (diplomat), and I would like that my partner joins me here, applying for a B-2 cohabitation visa. However, I would like that the agent at the POE grants her with an initial admission of one year, or at least 8 months (for sure more than six months). I don't want that the agent at the POE gives her 6 months admission and we have to pay 300$ just to file an extension for another six months.

Also, the B-2 cohabitation visa should have some advantages over the normal visa (For a Europeans, its a visa for 10 years, allowing to reside in the US 6 months of every year) such as a longer initial admission.

According to DOS http://travel.state.gov/visa/laws/telegrams/telegrams_1414.html "USCIS regulations allow a maximum initial admission in B status of only one year, and most often USCIS grants B visitors an initial admission of six months". So, does anyone have any idea of what to do in order for her to get an initial entry for more than six month and not to be at the discretion of the agent at the POE??

Thanks,