B2 application after ESTA overstay

maryb

Hello,
I am writing to see if you have any feedback on my mom's situation.

She flew over to visit me on ESTA as many times before. This time, unfortunately, due to circumstances out of her control including COVID concerns , she ended up overstaying. The overstay was long but under 180 days.

I understand she can't apply for ESTA anymore now but she isn't subject to a ban. We wanted to try and have her apply for a B2 ,of course explain everything on the Ds160 application and at the interview.

She is retired but is financially independent. My dad passed away , but she has my older sister living in her same town, she is renting an apartment (can show the contract) and she also owns our family home there. Plus she has all her family there and friends, and she doesn't speak English so really the only reason she visits is us and she wouldn't want to try and move to the US. Her previous travel history here is perfect.

What do you think the chances are for her to be approved? And does this affect me in anyway as a LPR since she was visiting me when the overstay happened?

Thanks so much for your input! Before I let her go ahead with the application I just wanted to hear from you, you've been the best help when I was going through AOS.

Thanks again!

I am hoping someone has feedback on this?

Also I meant to post this in the General B visa section but can't move it ... if any admin could. Thanks!

The CO will have the final say as to if your mom gets issued with a visitor’s visa or not, and there’s only one way to find out. Which is for her to apply. Trying to predict %chance of approval is a futile effort IMO. And no, your mom’s previous overstay has no impact on you or your status as a LPR.