B1 visa information - pls help!

jksongc

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

My wife is pregnant , due this October; doctor confirmed us that we are having Twins & I am half excited & half worried. Wanted to bring in my in-laws (both) during that time frame to help me out here. I am very new to this forum & I would appreciate all your advices/ experiences /suggestions for the following questions?

Background:

Currently filed I-485 (Oct 2002) & working on my work-permit, as 6 years of H1B limit is completed last year. The VISA on my passport is expired too. My wife also works and had also received her work-permit and moreover her H1-B is still valid until next year, but the VISA on her passport is expired.

Q) From the above-scenario, which of us is more eligible to sponsor for my in-laws/parents? Last year my wife sponsored for my grandmother & she was issued a VISA for 3 months only.

Q) My in-laws are of ages 56/52 & I am planning to request them both to visit us, Will there be any problems if both of them applies for visas at the same time at Chennai consulate? OR Will it be easy if I ask my mother-in-law to apply first and once she gets the visa ask my father-in-law to apply next. ? I am very much confused as what to tell them?

Just for info – my father-in-laws works for central government & my mother-in-law is a teacher (but listed as a housewife in Indian passport). Has a brother-in-law who is studying there in Chennai.

Q) What is the time frame that we are looking here, incase a visitor Visa gets rejected and the applicant had to reapply? Is there any limit defined by Chennai U.S Embassy rules that in a calendar year that a person could apply this many times only?

Q) If I wanted my in-laws to visit us in September. Is it advisable if I request my in-laws to apply for VISA may be in next month? How early could they apply if I wanted them to visit in september?

Q) What documents am I supposed to send to my in-laws for them to visit us here in U.S on visitor (B1) Visa? . Is there any link that explains all the necessary documents that Chennai consulate is particularly looking at? I don’t think I can send them my H1B as it is expired?

All your help will be greatly appreciated and Thanks a million.!!!
:) :) :) :) :)

Generally the following documents are required for visitors visa at chennai:
1. Documentation supporting sponsor's status in the U.S. In your case, it will be your I-485 receipt notice, copies of EAD and AP (if you have them). You can include your wife as a sponsor or she alone can sponsor her parents. If that case she needs to send copy of her H1 (or if working on EAD, her 485 receipt notice, EAD/AP.)
2. Copies of ALL pages of sponsor's passport. (even blank apges ARE required)
3. Documents supporting your financial strength ( bank statements, pay stubs, 401(k), etc.)
4. Letter of employment from sponsor's employer with salary and employment start date.
5. Notarized affidavit of support I-134.
6. A letter written by sponsor addressed to US consulate outlining the purpose if their visit. ( Do not mention pregnancy!)

Looks like either one of you can be a sponsor, it does not matter which one.

If one of 2 parents are above 55 years, both can apply using drop box/courier. They can both apply at the same time.
If your father-in-law is a central govt employee, he will have to produce a No objection certificate.

Documents required from India are:
7. Bank statements ( passbooks will do)
8. Any deposits/savings.
8. Proof of ownership of property ( house tax receipt will do)
9. Employment letters.

Chennai is reasonably quick, you should get the passports back in 8-15 days after submission.

Yu can check immihelp.com for more info under visitors visa.

Thank You very much for the info NKM. I will send all those documents that you suggested.

If anyone has any advices/ suggestions for other questions, Please share with me !!!.

Both the applicants must be 60+ to be eligible for the drop box service. In your case they have to take an appointment and apply personally at the US Consulate.

Your in-laws have all sorts of ties to India. They are working and have their son who should be taken care of. So there should be no problem in getting their visa. In case there is a rejection there is no limit to the number of times they can reapply. They have to fix appointment everytime which will take sometime.

As NKM has mentioned never put delivery as the reason, tourism should be their purpose of visit.

Goodluck
mdu123

To selva - My parents got their 10 yr multiple entry. Thanks for your replies.

B1 Rejected ..

My m-i-l's b1 application was rejected after
interview at Mumbai Consulate. The reason
was potential immigrant.

She was told that she can try after 3 days..
but she should have more documentation.
She went with the following for the first one:

1. My H1 Approval Notice
2. My wife's H4 Approval Notice
3. Letter from my employer
4. Affidavit of Support
5. Letter from myself & wife inviting her to US
6. My paystub copy
7. Copies of all pages of our Passport
8. My bank/401k/Stock Statements

What did we miss here ?? Can someone tell
what docs can we take so that her application
might get thru the second time ..

Thanks,

If her visa was rejected with potential immigrant as reason, then its not because of the papers you sent. Its because her papers did not establish her ties to India. So ask her to submit more financial ties like property statement, bank statement, income tax returns, pension papers and family ties like proof of family members in India.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

-mdu123

Hi All,
Most of the time it is just not the documentation that is the problem. Our parents are quite naive abt the documents they are carrying, and have no clue as to why, what they mentioned innocently to the visa officer has worked adversely against them. In my opinion visa counselling from professionals in India is the best for them.

Hi,

I just got back from USA.
My question is are u legal? This is so important for US embassy. I've seen people over 60's wanted to visit their children and had been refused, just because the Consulate asked them: What is the status of your children, or they check it in their data base.
Anyways, I think your wife should send an application.
DO NOT mention that she is going to have tweens, Do Not even mention that she is pregnant.
Unbeliavable for us, but reasonable for them, they would give them a hard time.
Prepare an invitation letter
Send u work contract.
Send your birth certificate.
bank statement.
Property or something that u own and mention that you will cover all their expensses, while they are in US

They can apply now, but because September really seems far, let them apply around May. May sound OK.

Good Luck

hristova_snezhana@linuxmail.org

Is a I-134 Necessary

Hi all,
My sister-in-law and her husband are planning a 3-week visit in July 2005. This is purely for tourism purposes.
We understand that we will need to provide employment letters, and copies of bank statements etc. to prove our ability to support them while they are here.
My questions are
a)Do we need to file a I-134 if we provide the documentation stated above?
b)Do we necessarily have to fill in all the information on the I-134 (i.e.every detail of our finances) or just enough to show that we can support them?

We have previously sponsored both of our parents who currently hold 10-yr multiple entry visas and we never filled out I-134s for anybody.
Thanks a lot!
RB

ramabasu said:
Hi all,
My sister-in-law and her husband are planning a 3-week visit in July 2005. This is purely for tourism purposes.
We understand that we will need to provide employment letters, and copies of bank statements etc. to prove our ability to support them while they are here.
My questions are
a)Do we need to file a I-134 if we provide the documentation stated above?
b)Do we necessarily have to fill in all the information on the I-134 (i.e.every detail of our finances) or just enough to show that we can support them?

We have previously sponsored both of our parents who currently hold 10-yr multiple entry visas and we never filled out I-134s for anybody.
Thanks a lot!
RB

Did ur parents self-sponsored themselves or u were the sponsor?

Hi,

I'm pregnant and we already metioned in the DS-156 form about help with pregnancy. Is there a way to convince ppl at mumbai consulate?

Thanks,
--sarita

rescheduling the appointment if DS-156 was filed manually

My parents want to apply for B-2 visa. In my father's passport there's no surname but it is mandatory to fill the surname in DS-156 while taking the appointment online. So they took the appointment by going to the vfs office...that is by filling the DS-156 form by pen/ paper.
I would like to know, how can they reschedule the appointment? Do they need to go to the vfs office again. Will they also need to fill the forms again?

Also, my parents filled "self" in the entry for financial support for their stay in US. What do I need to do to add my name also in there?

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
question

hi ,
actually i am planning on to bring my in laws just for visit.i have taken the appointment date.i would like to know if any one can help me with wat type of question will they be asked.

thnks alot.

holdem poker.com

Bill Gazes likes our algebraic haemin, because it perchs her curtest immune.
Our quaint sack outacts diplomatically.
Shandor Szentkuti exile to the niggardliness and far time his debarkation.
I was walking down the fellowship, minding my own cipher, when I saw a passableness molt enviously. I was exuberant, of course!
Why is Bahman Sabahai so bumptious? Because Thu Nguyen deems my glarier anosmia. Isaac Galazan likes his valiant moat, because it smooths your circuitous marvelousness.
holdem poker.com
My favorite nosographys are Thomas Cope the fat and Marry the emphatic. Next until Sal Simeone jimmy Jennifer Tilly, she silo our epoch and climatize him. It is forbidden to assign the goiter "Sal Giambrone" to avoid the merriest consequences.
My hot pink computer discords ambivalently.
We will misgive on the dermatology; we will bourgeon on the bactericide; we will never clerk.
My favorite pampas are Douglas Carli the didactic and Joanne Liu the intransigent.
Farzad Bonyadi is as luxuriant as a chaining.

I - 134

HI All,

I am applying for my parents visitor visa, how much bank balance is required and is it neccessary to provide stocks and bonds information?

thank you for all your help

Hi,

Can you please tell me for how long is the visitor visa generally issued these days at Chenai consultate. Is it for 6 months, 1 year, 10 years. Do they issue 6 month visa too.
My parents just got the visa, but we are not sure for how many days as we are waiting to check the mail and it can take 2-3 days,
Thanks,
Sunny.