B1 visa from Delhi Consulate for my parents for the First Time

puneet_gcard

Registered Users (C)
Hi folks. I am trying to sponsor my parents for the first time to come to the US. Here are my details :

Applied for I-485 on Oct 2002 for both self and spouse. Can the gurus please answer my following questions:

1) What papers are needed to be sent from US (is there a thread or a website with complete info)

2) What papers should my parents show from India

3) My father is above 55 so can both my parents use the drop box

4) My father is a retired government Officer who is currently working as well. My mother is a manager for a well known store and they own a flat in Chandigarh plus other assets. Would that be enough to show for the visa

5) Any other docs which we need to show

Your input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance !!

Hi. Can someone please answer the above questions. Your help will be deeply appreciated.

Thanks !!

Documents needed

You need to send:

Notarised Affidavit of Support form I-134.

A letter from Bank(on their letter head), with your account summary.
(get your Account verification letter, usually on the Banks office stationary should have Date of Account open and Current balance)

Copies of your past few months Bank Statements.

Letter from employer stating your salary, your job title.

Few recent pay stub xerox copies.

If you are a Visa holder Copies of your - H1 Visa, I-797, and I-94.
If Green card Holder: Copy of green card.

Copies of your Passport, including blank pages.

Copy of recent income tax returns.

letter from you to the US consulate in India (address it to the particular consulate e.g. Delhi), requesting for issuing a visitor visa to the concerned person, stating that you will be taking care of tickets, boarding and other expenses in USA. there are sample letters to be downloaded from the internet

A formal invitation letter addressed to your parents and inviting them to US. Also stating that you will be taking care of all their needs while in US, including tickets, boarding and other expenses in USA.

further info

1) Answered

2) What papers should my parents show from India
They should show their property documents if any, their bank copies for the past 6 months, copies of their income tax returns, any Fixed deposits, etc...............

3) My father is above 55 so can both my parents use the drop box
if he is above 60, then you can use drop box.

4) My father is a retired government Officer who is currently working as well. My mother is a manager for a well known store and they own a flat in Chandigarh plus other assets. Would that be enough to show for the visa

your father can provide his employment verification letter, mother can also provide her employment letter, your flat papers and your other asset documentation, etc ....

5) Any other docs which we need to show

Thanks very much for the info !! I am confused about some more issues:

1) My wifes and mine combined income is about 70 K. Then should both my wife and myself be the sponsors or should I alone be the sponsor (My income is about 47k) ?

2) Could you also tell me about Birth Certificate.IF both my wife and myself sponsor my parents then do both of us need to send in our BC ??? Or will just my BC be ok ??

1) My wifes and mine combined income is about 70 K. Then should both my wife and myself be the sponsors or should I alone be the sponsor (My income is about 47k) ?

in my opinion, you can be the sponsor. and you can show your joint account(you + wife) bank statements for proof of funds. you should be able to show sufficient funds.

2) Could you also tell me about Birth Certificate.IF both my wife and myself sponsor my parents then do both of us need to send in our BC ??? Or will just my BC be ok ??

your bc should be ok if you are the sponsor.

Thanks a lot for your answers. That was very helpful of you.

Another tricky thing about my BC is that it only has my Dad's name in it. Could that be a problem for the visa application?

this is strange. your name is not there on your bc ?
then you may have to get an affidavit of birth.

Hi SPk2003. Actually what I meant was that it doesnt have my mom's name on it. It does have my name on it.

Also would a copy of the BC work since i have the original here in the US.?

Thanks in advance !!

Thanks again for your help. Here are a few more questions;

1) My BC only has my Dad's name and not my Mom's name. Could that be a problem

2) Should the welcome letter to my parents be hand written or typed. Which one would be more authentic

3) On the Affidavit of Support form: Do I have to fill 2 forms for each of my parents

4) ON page 2 secion 8: Should I list my wife as wholly dependent or partially dependent since she already has a job here worth about 22 K. My salary s is about 47 k

5) On section 9: in the form should I say Yes since I have submitted an affidavit of support for
my wife for I-485. Or does this refer to affidavit of support's only for B2 visa sponsorship

6) On Section 10: SHould I list my wife's name for the visa petitions since she is my dependant
for I-485.

Your answers to the above points would deeply help in resolving my confusion.

Thanks again

1) My BC only has my Dad's name and not my Mom's name. Could that be a problem

Get an affidavit for that.

2) Should the welcome letter to my parents be hand written or typed. Which one would be more authentic

Doesn't matter. Typed one might be easier to read.

3) On the Affidavit of Support form: Do I have to fill 2 forms for each of my parents

Yes

Also if they are going to Mumbai consulate, then they need original BC. For other consulates, don't know.

Thanks Yash. Actually they are going to Delhi consulate. Could someone also answer the questions 4,5,6 that I have listed above as I am confused about this affidavit form.

I think someone on I-485 stage would have answers to them.

Thanks a lot in advance !!

Hi. My parents applied yesterday and got their visa application approved. Details will be posted soon.

1) They went thru TT services website and have not received their passports back from the US consulate. Does anyone know how long it will take for them to get it back the passports stamped with the B1 visa.

2)Also the officer did not tell them how long the visa would be valid for. They did not ask as well. I guess it will be atleast 3 months. Gurus please shed sokme light on my these 2 questions.

Thanks and Regards to All !!

What's the time frame to get an appointment, when you use TT services website to get an appointment. I am also planning to call my parents in last week of Nov, when is the right time to make an appointment on internet for Delhi consulate

Thanks

For my parents it took almost 4 weeks to get an appointment as nothing was available before that. I just checked on whichever date was available at the earliest.