B1 Rejected 3 time. Will H1B will be a problem?

bhamu

Registered Users (C)
Hi

My in-laws got rejected 3 times B1 visa from Chennai consulate every time with same reason that they don't find sufficient proof that they will come back to India. Now I am thinking of processing their H1B as my father-in-law still works and he can find a job in Pharma industry.

Is it possible that they can reject their H1B stamping as they have already rejected visa 3 times before. I don't want to spend that kind of money if it is not going to help.

If any body has any thoughts on that I would really appreciate.

B

could you pls post more details........

like how old are your inlaws?
whts your status in US???
wht was the gap between each visa application.......

thx

Details

My Inlaws are around 55. My father-in-law still works in pharma company.

First time they went on 2001 december. Second time in April, 2003 and third time we consulted a travel agent and he asked them to go on first week of June.

I have a GC. I sent the papers for the first time. For recent visits my wife's sister's husband sent the papers and he is on H1.

B

B1 rejection has no bearing on H1

Both have different requirements.

For b1/2 you not have (or the officer should not feel) that you have immigration intent. This is the most common 'excuse' for rejection - based on the whims and fancies of the interviewing officer.

For H1 you CAN have a immigration intent. It cannot be a reason for refusal - infact by law you wouldn't be even asked about your intent to return or not.

I know several cases with prior B1/2 refusals who have sailed thru H1/L1.

So relax ! :)

Why don't you try with following travel agent.

Just give a call and ask him, Whether there is any way to get a visitor visa.

I have faced similar situation couple months before for my mother's visitor visa. My mother visa got rejected 4 times through chennai consulate. Finally got a reference from one my friend regarding the following travel agent in Chennai. His details as follows :

Moorthy,
ESKAY world travels (P) Ltd,
A/5, (Basement) Gemini Parsn Commercial Complex,
600, Mount Road, Chennai - 600 006.

Telephone : 8271898, 8272046.

e-mail ID : moorthysolutions@hotmail.com

All the best !!!

Thanks,