B1 conversion to H1b1

speed123

Hello,

My husband's was sent in October 2000 by the company he was working for on traning for 6 months. My husband and I came to U.S, in October 2000 for 6 months on B1 and B2 visa respectively.In April 2001 we got our B1/B2 visa extended due to extenction in training by the company. In October the same company applied for H1b1 and H4 visa for us both. We got the I-94 in November 2001which is valid till November 2004 . We have not gone outside U.S. since October 2000.

My question is

a. Will this affect our H1b1 stamping once we go on a visit to India in 2003?
B. What documents are required specifically for our case.
C. Is it advisable to get our visa's stamped in Europe and if so where can it be done.

Thank you for your anticipated help.

FYI: I also came to US on B1/B2 visa and trasnfer my visa to H1B. I also got stamp from Montreal, Canada.
1) Yes. If you go outside USA, you have to stamp visa before coming back. You can do stamping in Indai but they will ask you so many questions. I would sugget to try at Canada and if it does not work then try at India.
2) All documents send to INS by your employer, latest letter from your employer which states you are currently employee of company and mention salary(one for INS officer and one for POE), validity of gratuation equivalent to US degree(your employer should have send to INS for H1B.....must take as B1/B2 to H1B case), your all pay stub to show INS that you are on status since begining and bank statement.
3) See 1)

thank you very much for your reply amxmjx

can u tell me when you applied for visa in montreal,canada. because i am hearing that there is new rule about not able to apply in mexico and canada for the first time visa stamp.

i very much appreciate your responce