b1/b2 visa

saldi

Registered Users (C)
hi,my in laws are planning to travel to the us for a holiday,haven,t travelled much,both are in there late fifties,financially quite sound,what are there chances?what are the likely questions,what docs should they take for the interview etc,any info is greatly appreciate,appointment is in a few days

They will be questioned with regards to their ties to their country of residence and also with their reason to visit the US.

my in laws are planning to travel to the us for a holiday,haven,t travelled much,both are in there late fifties,financially quite sound,what are there chances?what are the likely questions,what docs should they take for the interview etc,any info is greatly appreciate,appointment is in a few days

hi,my fil got the visa,my mother on law was given a refusal worksheet,stating further administrative processing,passport in in the consulate,what are the chances of getting the visa?was told it could take upto 3 to 4weeks to make a decision.

Refusal = 214(b)
Not ready to adjudicate = 212(g)

Which one did you mother-in-law get?

hi,my fil got the visa,my mother on law was given a refusal worksheet,stating further administrative processing,passport in in the consulate,what are the chances of getting the visa?was told it could take upto 3 to 4weeks to make a decision.

none of the above,just x on the other,it says additional administrative processing,passport has been retained by the consulate

b1/b2

thanxs for the information,how long does it take for the consulate to reply,and what are the chances

That depends on how long the US consulate has to wait for an agency to get back to them. In such cases, it is usually the US consulate waiting for a federal agency in Washington DC to clear an applicant.

how long does it take for the consulate to reply,and what are the chances

Hey,thanxs for the valuable information,keep it up.always prompt and accurate with your feedback

Hey,thanxs for the valuable information,keep it up.always prompt and accurate with your feedback

Hi.need your expertise,my immigrant visa petition was revoked in 2002,did a consular process,at present quite settled in my business,no intention of migrating,just want to visit the us with my family,if i want to apply,should i apply alone,or separate,and what are my chances of getting a visa?any info will be appreciated

What was the reason your immigrant visa was revoked?

Hi.need your expertise,my immigrant visa petition was revoked in 2002,did a consular process,at present quite settled in my business,no intention of migrating,just want to visit the us with my family,if i want to apply,should i apply alone,or separate,and what are my chances of getting a visa?

reason being alien did not satisfy the requirements of the labour certification,although the labour certification was approved on the basis of experience,it was based on a semi skilled eb 3.did appeal the decision,but not within the specified period given for appeals.now it,s been 10years from the initial approval of the petition.now if i do apply for a b1/b2 vvisa do i need to mention that i was petitioned before,or someone did apply for a petition on my behalf to immigrate?

If the form asks the question, you reply truthfully.

now it,s been 10years from the initial approval of the petition.now if i do apply for a b1/b2 vvisa do i need to mention that i was petitioned before,or someone did apply for a petition on my behalf to immigrate?

50% chances not good enough,how can i convince them that i am coming back after a holiday,may be in the form of keeping a security bond or any other suggestions,need advice.

Not good enough? You do realise that visiting the US for non-citizens is a privilege granted and not a right?

Having said that, all you can do is provide as much documentation as possible showing financial and social ties to your country of residence. Keep in mind, you can provide such proof, but that does not mean the consul may look at it. He/she may look at it and yet remain uncovinced. The consul has complete discretion at making that decision. By law you will be an intending immigrant and the burden of proof that you are not one, lies on you.

I know this sounds harsh but that is the way the law is worded.

50% chances not good enough,how can i convince them that i am coming back after a holiday,may be in the form of keeping a security bond or any other suggestions,need advice.

hey,thanxs onve again for your invaluable and professional advice,will definitely try and cover all grounds from my end,eventually luck will play apart.one more thing,had asked earlier regarding my mother in law,her passport is still with the consulate,it's been almost six weeks,they have kept it for further administrative processing of her b/2 visas,what should she do,inquire or just wait and hope for positive reply,await your advice